Old 08-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #52
Cory Levy
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For those enjoying the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yes. I'm not sure why that is controversial. I was a 2K fan, and lost football. I tried Madden, and I hated it. I didn't play any licensed football game with regularity from 2005-2010. I like Madden 2010 okay, but hated 11-14.

But starting with 15, I loved the direction of the game, and I play every year. So yeah, maybe you go a decade without a football game you really like. Grow the **** up.

All of your "solutions" are other people making things exactly the way you like them. You never thought, "I will make my own!" Heck, the idea of just playing and enjoying games you like isn't even an option.

When I moved to St. Louis, they didn't have any BBQ worth a crap. I'm from KC, and BBQ was kind of a staple. And while I can do my own, I'm sure as hell not as good as Gates or Arthur Bryants.

You know what I didn't do? I didn't leave Yelp messages telling Bandanas how much they suck. I didn't yell at the servers and managers. I went downtown and found that St. Louis may not have had BBQ, but they had some great New Orleans style food.

Today, though, 20 years later, after a boom of hipster BBQ places that popped up like Microbrews, we have a ton of BBQ. And I never once had to tell Bandanas that their ribs were complete ****.

During my time without a football game, I actually learned to play basketball and hockey games better, and started following the NBA and NHL more. I played an entire season of MLB 2K at one point. I played an entire 82 game season and playoff in the NHL one year.

My daughter started playing soccer, so I started playing soccer games off and on just to learn a little.

in the meantime, I played fantasy football and participated in pools. I went to lots of Chiefs games and watched them on TV.

You know what I didn't do? I did spend time posting in the Madden forums because I didn't have an NFL game to play.

Seriously, you need to grow up.

Why even both responding if you're just going to link non sequitur and your own salty past as if others need to feel your "pain"?

You seem obsessed with the idea that I sit in a room contemplating how much I hate Madden. Hardly the case but I guess thanks for your concern! I have my other hobbies (some of which even includes having fun playing Madden, FYI) so I'm in quite the good mental state.

I don't understand why the idea of people having legitimate concerns and ideas to improve the game seems to send you 'round the bend. A world where no one is allowed to think of ways to improve things sounds, well, awful.

I participate in this message board because I like Madden and I want it to be a better game, why is that so shockingly asinine to you? Tell me where I said playing Madden is a mind numbing, awful experience that makes me seethe with rage every time I press the start button on my controller. I have fun playing Madden, the frustration comes from having to fight the game to do so some of the time.