View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
ProStrategyFootball
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Strategy Football 2022 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
I will probably pick this up soon. Kerry is a great developer and very active in the Steam forums. I wish there was a college career option, but that would be a monumental ask for a one-man dev team. PSF is a great series. Strongly recommend it nonetheless.
So ... on the one hand, you can play college in Single Season mode (I do, and love it). However, yeah, when I tried going to career mode, it became really big very quickly. First, supporting more than 32 teams is going to cause career sizes on disk to explode, but I think that's acceptable. Where I really run into problems is that I need to redesign the "draft" from 7 rounds to something very different. Having players retire at 22 isn't bad, but since you could lose a lot of players, I need to think about that. Maybe a 32 round draft? I don't know yet.

And the current flow is set up to require two conferences of equal sizes so that it can easily automate the post-season. I need to think about that, too.

Personally, I would love to add this for the 2023 version, and I'm going to need a lot of input on features and logic, so please feel free to send me ideas!

Thanks for the comments, have a great day!

Last edited by ProStrategyFootball; 09-08-2021 at 10:35 PM.