View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 11:02 AM   #4
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How do you build a defense?

My LBs need to be athletic and have play recognition ability.

My CBs need to be quick and good enough to be on islands at times.

My safeties need play recognition ability and preferably good acceleration to break on whatever read they make.

My DL needs to be able to shed blocks, then I prioritize athleticism at the DE spot and strength in the middle at DT.

I don't worry about block shedding as much with the back 7 because if my LBs are fast enough and recognizing the play quick enough then they can fill holes quick enough to where even if they get chipped a safety can clean up.

I also typically like to play a lot of singly high looks to have more bodies in the box so that teams have to beat me through the air. However, my most dominant defenses are when my LBs are not only freak athletes with high play reaction, but can shed blocks very well. Then I can have a light box and feel confident in stopping the run.

You can also achieve the same effect by having an elite DL obviously. Games are won in the trenches. If your front 4 alone make hard to run on and the back 7 are athletic and make every passing window small then you'll have success more often than not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato