View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
MakaveliLPC
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Last I Checked, The League is Shooting 37% on Wide Open 3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
You're fighting an age old battle since the implementation of green releases and Steph Curry "broke" NBA videogames. This current crop of gamers can't handle realistic shooting percentages. Before I stopped playing NBA 2K, there was one weekend in MyTeam Limited where you couldn't use a player with a 3PT rating above 85. That was the most fun that I had in a while when it came to H2H action, because every open 3PT shot was a guaranteed make, and people had to put in actual EFFORT in creating the best shot possible or available. Most of the Reddit users that weekend? They felt that it was the worse week ever for the Limited Mode.

Even peeking into the MyPark and REC threads...a player is basically considered a "bum" if they're shooting less than 90%. That's a shame. Even though I stopped playing, NBA 2K22 was a solid game, but I just got tired of the playing against the meta across all modes. I would still give the slight edge to NBA 2K11 as the GOAT for me due to the shooting percentages, and luckily it was before the rise of social media impacting the direction of the game.
Oh trust me dude i lost hope that the online crowd would ever accept anything close to realistic when it comes to shooting a long time ago. In fact I've never had any. I'm speaking more in terms of offline mynba user vs CPU games. I know asking any universal changes is a lost cause, just user vs CPU with real fg % turned on