Old 03-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #7
405Cowboy
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official 2022 Uniform Errors and Omissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
I agree with you from an authenticity standpoint and I weighed this decision very heavily, but I have to take a personal stand against this for these reasons
1) greed. The fields are littered with ads from the back of the mound, to the baselines, all over the walls, commercial breaks, and sponsored events such as Florida lottery starting lineups.
2) there are too many errors and missing uniforms that carry over year to year. I’d rather hear from a Cardinals fan about their blue belts or a Rangers fan about their red hats than some Ford logo missing on their helmet.
3) time consuming
4) they are messing with the ad placement due to being left or right handed. How is Sony going to put the Mets skyline patch on this guys left sleeve, but this guys right?
5) I just don’t care about them and would rather focus on uniform design and not commercial design.
6) last years was probably the best uniforms have ever been and the thread was like 20 pages with tons of submissions. If we had like one or two pages and there was not much else going on, I’d probably pick at that.

Don’t want to sound like a tool, but you’re free to copy my original post and run an advertisement thread. It’s already broken down by league and division. You’re welcome to take over this thread as well if you want to go that in depth. I’m just not for the reasons I listed

Yes just add more of the missing uniforms (95 Orioles Away/83 Giants Away/94 Brewers Alternate etc) and forget about ads.

Also will this be the year that 1980 Phillies finally get the correct Maroon instead of the current Red and will they finally add names to the back and will they put the names back of the 1980 Royals that have been missing?