Old 04-04-2022, 03:47 AM   #40
AUTiger1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Timing hitting back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I am going to try timing, but I think I will end up sticking withy directional, because I have been using it since the 2K days. It’s different, in that 2K had the hints that would tell you what quadrant to look for. It didn’t happen all the time, and the better hitters got tipped more often. It absolutely differentiated hitters in a realistic way.

It was SO much easier to hit with Pujols, and it felt right, because hitters like Pujols are just quicker, they just have that sense of what a pitcher is going to throw and where before they do.

In 22, I turned on a inside pitch with Goldschmidt the other day, and it was just awesome. I also like to try to beat the shift sometimes, and directional is good for hit and runs.

But I do like the idea of the game taking over that to some degree. But it’s like throwing. I want to choose the base, but I don’t want to time the buttons. Heck, I even go with classic pitching for the same reason.

Wouldn’t mind if Sony lifted the batter’s eye feature from 2K.

I was thinking about the hitter’s eye thing MVP had. That was really cool. It made you really try hard to tell what the pitch was out of the pitcher’s hand. The Show you can sometimes guess what the pitch is out of the pitcher’s hand and know where it will end up, but it’s not often. Makes it so extremely difficult to lay off those pitches that start out as a strike and ends up as a ball out of the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets