View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #35
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
Long time fan, glad that we are getting back the game! Since the game comes back next year, What would be the chances of them doing a port of ncaa 14 to PS5/xbox etc? Maybe scrap the name of the players, make it generic and just putting the playoff formula. A little worried that my ps3 will kick the bucket before the new game comes out!
0% chance of that happening. It would certainly be cool to see a remastered version of some of the old (good) EA titles, but it won't happen.

The only way this happens is if the new college football game is itself a reskinned port of NCAA 14, but I would bet my house that won't happen.

NCAA 14 uses an entirely different engine than what EA uses for all of their other sports titles at this point. So, to make a NCAA 14 then they would need a separate development team to build this (on top of the one building the new game), and there were need to be a financial incentive to do so which would be really difficult to justify when they already have an engine for other sports titles. Plus it would be a very niche market to sell to given that it's a 10 year old sports game. More expense and less potential revenue.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove