View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 11:41 PM   #3
Funkycorm
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm Presents: MLB 22 All Star Classic/Directional Sliders

Draft Class Edits

To pair with my roster, I do a series of edits. I released my edits a few years ago but those have become outdated. Morale being removed from having an impact on overall had a bigger impact than I initially thought it would last year. So I spent some time testing these edits on 21 and have perfected them with 22.

The edits fall into 3 categories. Those are potential, ratings, and age edits. These are what I would call essential edits. I will detail these.

There are also some non essential edits. Things like Height, weight, appearance, and secondary positions. I will touch base on what I do, but these are optional.

So I am going to detail the steps here so everyone can be on the same page as this.

1. The first step happens the day after the draft in June. Take a picture (I use my tablet) of each of the 30 teams draft picks. This gets you the complete list easily.

2. The rest of these occur the first day of the offseason.

3. A few things to keep in mind before we start:

a. We want a 10/25/50/15 A/B/C/D potential ratio to keep our roster balanced.

b. A team will only have a max of 98 players after the season before having to trim to 93. This means that usually the top 5 or 6 picks at most get added to a given team. The rest will go into free agency.

c. These numbers are based on an estimated 200 prospects drafted.

4. We need to make sure next there are no more than 20 A potential and 50 B potential prospects across the entire draft. If there is less, no changes here. If potential needs changed, it drops to 76, the league average rating. All 30 teams must also have 1 D potential prospect. If there is not one, the lowest potential signed one get lowered to 68. Irregardless of round taken. We need those fillers in our system.

5. Any RP with potential over 90 needs potential lowered to 88. Or changed to a CP. Either is ok.

6. CP max potential is 92. Any over this, lower the potential to 92.

7. Age edits. Ok this is a big one and a bit confusing so I will break it down in steps.

a. For prospects with potential over 80: Age gets dropped to 18 years old if overall is 64 or less. If overall is 65-69, age gets dropped to 19. If 70 plus, age gets dropped to 20. If their age is under the age limit, it stays. (A 19 yo 72B prospect age stays).

b. For any C potential player over 21, there age is dropped to 21. The same goes for D potential prospects over 21.

c. Max age of any prospects is 21 at the end of the day no matter the potential.

8. Now ratings editing. This is another multi step thing to keep balance as the game generated prospects frankly is sub par.

a. The minimum overall for any A or B prospect is 55. Any prospect under 55 needs to raised to 55 overall through ratings edits. Usually increasing all hitting and fielding attributes by 1 will raise overall by 1. Varies some by position though.

b. Any C prospect has to have a minimum overall of 50 and raised if they are under.

c. For D prospects, you may raise if you want but since they are perpetual MiLB depth I don't.

d. For most RF and LF the game gives all the prospects ridiculous high speed and steal and low power. I set a max that no RF or LF can have a speed/steal/BR aggressiveness no higher than 60. I take some points and add it to power or vision/discipline/clutch so their base overall did not change. You can lower speed further and I usually put it closer to 50. Remember to still attain that minimum overall threshold but making sure it stays the same after editing is ideal.

e. For most C, 1b, and 3b, they need to be boosted to the minimum overall threshold.

9. As for the non essential edits, feel free to do what you want here. I don't like the mass amount of 5'7" players and 5'10" pitchers so I usually make minimum infield height of 5'9" and min pitcher height of 5'11". Again no impact on gameplay just aesthetics. Same goes for appearance. A few too many have huge beards and most 18-21 year olds don't have that kind of facial hair.

10. This edits along with an extra one I do help tremendously with league balance and top prospect lists. Rookie of the years can still be older at times but it is less common. That is the fault of in game progression and I can't help it.

11. One more thing I do. The first day of the regular season starting in year 2: On the top 50 prospect list, any player that is 24 years old on it and not on the MLB roster gets their potential lowered by 10. What this mimics is that a player will still be MLB quality caliber but has not reached their potential so their potential is lower. But they will still be a good player usually. This keeps your top 50 more realistic with players 23 and under. This is something new I tried last year but works very well with edits. And not needed at all. But it works for me.

This is a lot convoluted information. I get that. There are a lot of ideas out there about potentials and progression/regression.

Hope this is of use to some.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 04-14-2022 at 07:07 PM.