Old 05-01-2022, 11:39 PM   #58
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Western Conference 2nd Round Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Another thing for me if you let players stay in the game, then a retaliatory foul has to happen. It doesn't matter if the original play is supposedly a "heat of the moment" situation and the reprisal is on purpose, FTs and ball back is not enough.

I've been bowed, eye poked, those things happen, but if a Draymond like pull down happened to me, I'd be fighting.
Respectfully, I don't agree with this either (I know, big surprise). Cooler heads prevailed throughout that entire Draymond exchange today. Like, literally no one made any move to escalate the situation. Four Grizzlies moseyed in to help Clarke up, Draymond was there by his side holding onto him to make sure he was okay, and then everyone walked to the bench for the review.

Quite honestly, if you're coming up swinging and fighting after that, I mean, that's your prerogative, but that's also on you. I've been accidentally or overzealously flagrant fouled many times in life and I never felt I had to start a fight as a result, especially if the player is there checking on me the second it happened. There's a giant chasm between those accidental hits and the dudes who submarined or clotheslined me with intent.

Anyway, just for the sake of levity, here's 10th grade me getting clotheslined for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-01-2022 at 11:44 PM.