View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 11:10 PM   #1
thescoop
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

MLB The Show is still a great game. But there are definitely certain things that need to improve or be expanded on. I use to post these on my blog here but since those aren't seen on the main page anymore here's a post. I primarily play on Franchise mode of course my thoughts below will mainly focus there. But I also enjoy stadium creator so I will have a section focused there. I’ll actually start there.

Improving Stadium Creator
1. Domes and retractable roofs need to be added. This is a no brainer and one that many thought we’d see added this year. A lot of folks enjoy creating classic stadiums. I’ve seen some cool attempts to work around for the Astrodome but we need an actual dome option. And for folks working on future stadiums would love the retractable roof options for the future stadium dreams. Figure out a way.
2. Moving the bullpens. Bullpens being locked in to on the field was fine last year. But we need to be able to set everything up for our parks. Most ballparks, even in the minors, have moved the bullpens. Give us that option in the creation.
3. Wall ads. Outfield wall needs to allow us to add ads on the wall. This is seen in ball parks all around. It should be in the game and seems like a simple fix.
4. Add Yellow lines on the walls for ground rules. I’ve seen a lot of folks ask for this. We should be able to have the yellow line on the walls and maybe have a wall that the line goes lower than the wall. Give us that freedom to create.
5. Distance markers on the wall, name of stadium on wall, etc. These things are in real ball parks. Allow us that freedom so we can create more of what we want!
6. Large body of water right outside the home run wall. Pensacola’s minor league stadium, PNC, Oracle Park all have water a home run can splash down in. We want to create that in our stadium. Those that have created Pensacola’s Blue Wahoo Stadium have gotten creative with a fountain but a real bay would be cool.
7. Allow online users to agree to face each other at any stadium. If I want to play my friend at my created stadium and he wants to play there give us that option. It should be as simple as both parties must agree to stadiums that aren’t “competitive approved.”
8. More save slots. If I want to have all the minor league stadiums, give me the slots to have them all and a few for custom and classic. I would like it expanded to 75. (I realize this is a tall order and might not be possible yet so that’s why it is low on the list. And if one of my requests below gets honored this might not even be needed.
9. Team branding in stadium. I want to place my team's logo if I'm creating their stadium. And this needs to be for existing team too if I want to build a new Oakland A's stadium, I want to put their logo on the field, on scoreboards. I want it to feel like the home of the A's.
10. Stadium ad creator: Taking this awesome suggestion from further in the thread and adding it to the list. It would be great to be able to create our own custom ads. Even more awesome would be to share them in the vault.
11. More flags: Why should we only have the American flag and the Pride flag? Why not every state flag? (Or at least every state flag already in another stadium) The POW flag we see in other stadiums. Armed Forces flags (Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.) Championship flags? Maybe even a flag creator if we want to design our own. Bottom line is we need more options than two.

Franchise Mode improvements
1. Finally add actual single A teams. Enough of the “single A slot” to dump a few guys. I want a full single A roster and teams. Gives us more spots and more prospects and for those that enjoy playing as the minor league teams, more teams!
2. League expansion options. This is a no brainer and long overdue. With the team editor we can even set up our dream expansion city without having to choose from a preset list. And we can have our dream stadium for the team expansion. And MLB is actually talking about expanding. So put in the game. Follow the model that NBA 2K has. It is that simple.
3. Team relocator. If I am controlling a team and in year two, I want to move the team, give us that option. Follow the model from other games that makes it hard for a team with a good market to move. But allow me to move the Rays from Tampa to Montreal. Team editor is cute but I want to have the full experience like in other sports titles. And with stadium assignments I can have them move into my newly created stadium. (move bullpens where I want them, damnit! LOL)
4. More than one broadcast team. We need an A team for the big national games. We need a regional team for the regional games. And I think we need a minor league team (or single broadcaster that is blow the standard of the others.) I want to it to feel different when I’m playing a regional game and a national one. The overlays aren’t enough. I want it to feel different when I’m playing a minor league game and an MLB one. NBA 2K has more than one team so we know this is doable.
5. Custom Draft classes. Why this isn’t already in the game is beyond me. This will be asked for until it is actually added. Let us create and share our draft classes. And if we can create a custom draft class, allow us to create custom international free agents too.
6. Rainouts and rescheduled games, including double headers. I have seen some folks try and say this isn’t possible. It is. Just make the rainout games predetermined or something. And allow us to have an expanded roster for the double headers. This is something that would be fun to plan around.
7. International free agent signing period. Give us a few “stars” from other countries we can try to sign. They for the most part, they would be MLB ready.
8. Give us the free agent signing cut scenes like what you gave March to October. Something fun when I win the bidding war in Franchise would be cool. (And still cool if I lose.) It should be a big deal when a big name decides where he’s going.
9. New rules voted on at the end of the season. NBA 2K does a great job have this in their franchise. If I want to end the DH across both leagues, add the pitch clock, end the Manfred runner or add it. Give us an owner’s vote. (of course, we can override the vote if we don’t like it.) This would be a cool addition.
10. Multiple team trades. Another feature long overdue for Franchise mode. Allow me to get other teams involved if needed for trades.
11. Rehab assignments. We need them in the game finally. I don't need to use up a minor league option on a player coming back from injury.
12. Improved Bullpen logic. I've added this one after I've seen it suggested. I completely agree with the need to finally get this one improved.

Game Features in General
1. Bring back Sounds of the Show. Figure out a way. This adds so much to the game and longtime fans want it back. It is a feature we miss dearly and want to see back.
2. Bring back year to year saves! This should have never left and should have return this year if the reason was new consoles. Now that Switch has been added it needs to return. This helps the roster builders. It helps the folks that invest a lot into their Franchise to keep them going. And you can add year to year created stadium saves as well now. Bring this back!
3. More team specific items. The W flag for the Cubs. The drummer in Cleveland. The Yankee Roll Call (it was in the game at one time.) Those are little things that would add to realism. There are others. Get them added to the game.
4. More song licenses. If we can’t get SOTS back, get the rights to songs like Sweet Caroline and add it in to Fenway, Thank God I’m a Country Boy in Baltimore, Go Cubs Go, Detroit Rock City, Thunderstruck, Cheap Seats are all songs that if we can’t add our self we need in the game. (It would be easier to let us add this so SOTS please!)
5. Real Minor League stadiums. You could and should give us the actual minor league stadiums. If you don’t have time to get them all, at least start and give us some of the bigger ones. This would also mean we’d have more created slots for our created stadiums.
6. More throwback uniforms. Folks love throwbacks and we need more. Get rid of the stupid batting practice uniforms. No one likes them or uses them. Open up more slots by removing the batting ones.
7. Make sure you get all the alternate uniforms. All too often, folks complain that an alternate for their favorite team is missing. Make sure this doesn’t happen again.
8. Weather feature such as deteriorating field. I want to see puddles on the the field. I want it to have an effect play to the the point we are questioning why it hasn't been stopped. Wind that effects where fly balls might drop. Little things that could add to the gameplay. While we're at it, add snow for early season games up North.
9. Over haul the jerseys. The jerseys need to be overhauled. We need better cloth physics. We finally need actually pullover jerseys. It is time to take the jersey to next gen level.

Last edited by thescoop; 05-31-2022 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added more to the main list after seeing some great suggestions
Advertisements - Register to remove