Old 09-29-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
jnmoore92
Rookie

jnmoore92's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Career of Jeremy Moore

January 20th, 2022
James Madison Team Meeting & Press Conference

Well after flying in and heading to Harrisonburg, I met with the football staff and got to know each of them. Everything went well and they were excited to work with me. I told them I had concerns of someone being upset I was given the job, but not a single person had a problem with it. So now it was time to meet the team and talk to them before the formal press conference to introduce me to the fanbase.

Jeff Bourne: Thanks guys for coming in today. I know a lot of you know that Coach Cignetti decided to step away from coaching, and you may also be wondering if we have a new coach for you guys yet. I am happy to tell you that we do have a new head coach for you. Unfortunately, I did hear the rumors going that we were promoting one of the coordinators, and that is not the case. I'm going to let Coach Shanahan talk to you guys about the decision and where we go from here.

Coach Shanahan: Thank you Mr. Bourne. Look guys me and Coach Haines really appreciate the support. We just didn't want that opportunity right now. We love what we do in working with you guys on a squad basis. We had told Mr. Bourne the day Coach turned in his resignation that we didn't want to put our names in and that we should look for an external hire to come in so we can grow together. So guys we would like to introduce you to our new head coach. He is coming in from Lincoln High where they just won back to back state championships. Please give a warm JMU welcome to Coach Jeremy Moore!!!

I walk in to the locker rooms and instantly see the team give me a standing ovation. I flashed back to the day I was announced I was taking over the football team at Lincoln High. I had a few tears in my eyes as I walked up to the team to address them.

Coach Moore: Thanks guys!! Look I am honored to be standing in front of you right now. I submitted my resume to several schools just a couple of days ago in hopes of getting some kind of position. I did not expect to be offered to be your head coach. So for that I thank Mr. Bourne and the rest of this coaching staff for deciding to take a chance on me. I'm here to work and work hard. I'm here to be the leader that will take you guys into your first season in the FBS. We're going to work every day of the week, and we will leave it all on the field on Saturdays. Win or Lose, we will keep our head high and walk back to the locker room with pride. We are going to represent this University everywhere we go. Whether we are with the team or out on our own, we will represent this University with pride and integrity. I am an open door, if you have a problem then come to me. I'm not a snobby coach who only talks to the star players, I talk to EVERYONE. So once again I thank you all for the opportunity and I'm ready to get to work when the time comes!

ESPN SportsCenter
James Madison Dukes - Press Conference

We are going to send it to Chris Low who is in Harrisonburg, VA for a press conference at James Madison. This will be the first season at the FBS level for the Dukes, and they just recently lost their head coach.

Chris Low: Thanks guys! I have been told this press conference is the formal introduction of their new head coach. I have had sources tell me that they have hired someone outside of the program and even outside of college football. That is the only information I was given. We are currently waiting for athletic director, Jeff Bourne to take the podium to kick us off.

*Jeff Bourne approaches podium*

Jeff Bourne: Thank you all for coming here today. As you all know, Coach Cignetti turned in his resignation three weeks ago, and since then we have been hunting for a new head coach to take us into our first season in the FBS. With the changes that the CFCC announced earlier this week, we made it an urgent matter to get a hire done quickly. We were able to secure a coach for us this season. It might not be the coach the fanbase wanted or expected, but I hope they can respect the decision and be excited for the upcoming season. So without any further delay. Allow me to announce the head coach for James Madison......Coach Jeremy Moore!!

I had never been introduced at a press conference before. I didn't know how to act or do when I stepped out into the gymnasium in front of a lot of the fanbase, media, players, alumni, and my family. I calmly walked up onto the stage and towards the podium where I shook Mr. Bourne's hand and then stepped in front of the podium.

Coach Moore: Wow this is unbelievable. I never thought I would be standing on stage for one of these press conferences. I know a lot of you don't know me, but I'm hoping we can change that soon. I've always thought coaching a college program was a dream, but today it has become reality. I come from a small high school. Lincoln High to be exact, and I spent twelve seasons there in various positions. The last seven I was the head coach and I earned a 60-24 record. We won back to back state championships and was preparing to work towards a three peat, but my gut told me I should try to further my career as a coach and try to make it to the next level. I want to thank Mr. Bourne and James Madison University for taking this chance. I hope that you guys will also take a chance on me. I know it's a big deal to play on the FBS level when you have been an FCS team for so long. I met with the team earlier today to let them know I am ready to work. We already have plans to hit the recruiting trail this afternoon to try and get some interest in the program for future seasons. I'm hoping after this season is over I can continue to be your head coach. For now, I thank you and I can't wait to see you guys on opening day!!