Old 10-13-2022, 12:56 PM   #27
Therebelyell626
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
This seems crazy to me but regardless it wont stop me from getting it..

strategies never really mattered anyway only to try and get a good fit with your coach for the 1st 2 years..

thanks for the info
Strategies never really mattered?

They are literally probably the most important immersion factor of franchise mode. The trade deadline and coaching staffs were the big ADD for franchise mode a couple of years ago, and now the feature has zero bearing on franchise mode.

I would even go further and say it makes drafting players and scouting completely obsolete. CPU teams draft the best player possible. If you have a team that starts off with a defensive strategy and the players they draft are offensive players it puts the CPU at a HUGE disadvantage. They will literally never be able to change their scheme to match their players! To me that’s a pretty big deal. This will also lead to franchise mode being roughly the same teams doing the same things for the 25 year duration. No parity. To most franchise players that is a really big deal

If your one of those guys who likes just playing the games and winning 5 cups in a row by our scoring your opponents 8-2 every game, then yes. I guess the strategies being stuck in default doesn’t really “matter”. For most franchise players we value the challenge of “team building”. That is why we play franchise mode and not HUT

My vitriol is not pointed at you btw. It’s pointed at the comment it “doesn’t really matter”. Probably 75% of the franchise mode base will tell you that team building immersion and a somewhat passable broadcast package we’re the only thing making franchise mode worthy of playing

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 10-13-2022 at 01:00 PM.