View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 01:19 PM   #28
bwiggy33
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: From Reddit: EA intentionally removed “full presntation” this year

It is absolutely asinine why this was removed. Now I just feel rushed the entire game. It's even worse than when MLB The Show decided to remove slow from their pace of play option. I actually had a couple of nice games the other night. I had a lot of pressure when entering the zone and it was really challenging on All Star with full CPU difficulty and Al Tito's sliders. With removing this broadcast stuff I really don't think I'll be buying. I played NHL 21 a lot because I actually liked the game a ton, until I found how easy it was to get past a defenseman on the boards for a breakaway. That killed it for me. However, one of the things that made that broadcast super fun was the in-between whistles cameras. One of the coolest little things I've loved in a sports game was that NHL allowed you to rotate the camera with the left stick between play and look at the entire arena. It was so damn cool. I didn't play more than a couple hours of my 22 trial but they had that same feature as well.

All of the immersion into the game is now gone because I'm sure they have statistics saying this is how many people skip to the next faceoff so lets remove it because offline people don't matter. Absolutely infuriating and the fact they touted the presentation makes it worse. At the same time this is not shocking. EA in a nutshell now.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 10-13-2022 at 01:22 PM.