Old 04-27-2023, 02:57 AM   #100
jk31
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballout2k
I play in a league of guys that 5out drive to draw in defenders and then kick out for the open 3 primarily. Anyone got a suggestion for the best defensive settings for this?
From my experience in the last 2-3 years, as soon as the opponent switches to 5 out freelances or plays, the defense completely looses any small logic it had before and turns into a ****show that plays like it has never played basketball before. No matter which settings you use, the players will just glue to their man on the 3pt line, no matter who he is and how bad of a shooter he is. They will rotate to help but so late, that they neither cover the drive nor their own man when the kick out comes. doesnt matter which defensive settings you use. Against teams that play like this I prefer to switch to a 2-3 zone honestly. at least 1) it requires some thinking to play against a zone defense so not every opponent is able to beat it 2) shooting is very very hard for most people and as long as you are able to contest somewhat, you likely force many misses and 3) the paint is locked down while on the flipside people won't get lost in no mans land so you know who you can use to cover which 3pt position of the opponent.