Old 05-15-2023, 03:03 PM   #30
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I agree but I think Doc has gotten stale. He just never gets over the hump. That game 6 where Embiid doesn't touch the ball for the final 3:55 is absurd. A coach has to recognize that. That's the series right there. Philly might be in the ECF if adjustments are made.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Like I said, I'm not a Doc guy, so I wouldn't be sad about him not being the coach. I wasn't too keen him getting the job in the first place especially after blowing a 3-1 lead. There's a funny joke about Doc. He can coach a great team to the 2nd half and fail, and he can coach a underwhelming team to the second round and seem like a success. So many times this year when guys were out, no one was surprised when they 'upset' reams because he does better when he's not forcing an issue.

I do think he got better with adjustments this year. But, I do think they could upgrade. He's still stubborn and isn't accountable. If he's fired, he's being fired for the what happened throughout his tenure. They need a no-nonsense coach that wouldn't be afraid to get in Embiid and the other guys face.

I don't want D'Antoni. I'm still more than okay with promoting Sam Cassell

Last edited by illwill10; 05-15-2023 at 03:08 PM.