View Single Post
Old 09-16-2023, 03:06 PM   #37
ab541
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

The flowing submissons look good although some of the speed on some transtions needs to be faster, the damage looks good and the cinematic replays looks decent. However like someone said, those replays look like CG rendering of the moment, not based on whats actually going on in game. Also why are those cinematic replays going all dark in the background? Looks really strange, the way it was in UD3 was in the replay area is still the best. Ref interactions also looks very good as well, actually look better than UD3 which is like one of the small few areas where they have surpassed them.

The striking though.... Anyone with two eyes should know that looks horrible and completely unchanged from EA UFC 4. The movements and striking looks so forced, robotic and stiff. I dont understand how the devs could spend 3 years looking at that any accepting that thats perfectly fine. Its like the characters are pulling their punches and its not free flowing, you should be able to have someone miss on a strike and them going unbalanced if they overcommit thus automatically giving real counterstriking opportunities, EA just dont understand this at all and probably never will. This striking looks god awful honestly and the magentic element to it makes it 10 times worse.

I never purchased EA UFC 4, never wanted to even once play that pile of hot trash and even though 5 looks marginally better, its still pathetic this was the effort of 3 years also being on new gen hardware exclusively. As someone who loved the UD series this **** is depressing that EA have all these extended contract rights.

This realistically is EA UFC 4.5, not EA UFC 5. I respect the steps forward in some areas, but its really just not on for this amount of development time IMO, infact its quite mind boggling tbh.

Last edited by ab541; 09-16-2023 at 03:16 PM.