Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-16-2023, 02:09 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Graphics and presentation seem to be improved. Submissions look a little more natural flowing. However, the game overall still looks pretty stiff and robotic. I’m not seeing the big improvements you’d hope for with an extended development cycle and a generation jump.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:16 PM   #34
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Anyway, who wanted that cinematic replay? Its CG. Looks very different from actual graphics. So weird. They should've revamp the striking animations or the clinch game instead of that. What a waste money and time.
feels like they're just trying to do enough that they can at least advertise something lol. idk man. after seeing the same thing happen from UFC 3 into 4... I don't even know how to feel about it. it's a real shame but i'm also not surprised so... EA are a giant corporation and this series is a small percentage of their profit margin i guess.

All we can do is keep trying to be vocal about our disappointment and desires for more as a community.

I'm glad that there are some people looking forward to the game though. Enjoyment is good.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:25 PM   #35
MVP

Ufc4 was able to record the best sales because there were ufc3. Most users were disappointed with the gameplay of ufc4. The sales of ufc5 will be disastrous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 02:29 PM   #36
Rookie

I am one of the most critical on this forum, but i can admit to few positives seen here. For example the calf slicer transition to submission looked pretty neat though. I don't remember Undisputed 3 having that? It's not only a signature move for Olivera but has been attempted many times, even by female fighters. Now that's the things i want to see more off from an gameplay perspective. To bad there's no ground grappling against the cage or seated cage position which is essential in mma, as well as leaving the clinch completely untouched despite being unbalanced at this point which is mind boggling.
Old 09-16-2023, 03:06 PM   #37
Banned

The flowing submissons look good although some of the speed on some transtions needs to be faster, the damage looks good and the cinematic replays looks decent. However like someone said, those replays look like CG rendering of the moment, not based on whats actually going on in game. Also why are those cinematic replays going all dark in the background? Looks really strange, the way it was in UD3 was in the replay area is still the best. Ref interactions also looks very good as well, actually look better than UD3 which is like one of the small few areas where they have surpassed them.

The striking though.... Anyone with two eyes should know that looks horrible and completely unchanged from EA UFC 4. The movements and striking looks so forced, robotic and stiff. I dont understand how the devs could spend 3 years looking at that any accepting that thats perfectly fine. Its like the characters are pulling their punches and its not free flowing, you should be able to have someone miss on a strike and them going unbalanced if they overcommit thus automatically giving real counterstriking opportunities, EA just dont understand this at all and probably never will. This striking looks god awful honestly and the magentic element to it makes it 10 times worse.

I never purchased EA UFC 4, never wanted to even once play that pile of hot trash and even though 5 looks marginally better, its still pathetic this was the effort of 3 years also being on new gen hardware exclusively. As someone who loved the UD series this **** is depressing that EA have all these extended contract rights.

This realistically is EA UFC 4.5, not EA UFC 5. I respect the steps forward in some areas, but its really just not on for this amount of development time IMO, infact its quite mind boggling tbh.

Last edited by ab541; 09-16-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2023, 03:29 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
CAF hasnt changed much. More slots but its basically the same. I'm very disappointed about this given that I was promised this would change during the UFC 4 patch period and definitely with UFC 5.

Cage grappling is the same as ufc 4.
I simply do not understand the logic behind the regression in CAFs. Have they actually received positive feedback on the way CAFs worked in UFC 4? I fully recognize that I'm surrounded by my own bubble, but I've only ever heard negative feedback on the changes they made from UFC 3 to UFC 4 when it comes to CAFs. I really can't think of a sports game that restricts their create-a-player (including EAs own games) in the way that EA UFC now does. For example, imagine having archetypes in Madden where you're creating a QB and can only choose between a pocket passer and a scrambler, and depending on your choice the attributes are pre-populated and you cannot change them. Doesn't make sense.

At the very least can we whatever color shorts (including championship) we want for fighters as we could in previous games?
Old 09-16-2023, 03:58 PM   #39
Rookie

EA have been releasing these games since 2014. Their standup animations are still as awful looking as they were back then. Awful looking jabs and straights, kicks are even worse. No idea why.

I just hope their rumored Fight Night game uses Champion as a base, because if it's anything similar to this then what a let down.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Gameplay trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
Are you allowed to talk about that now that the trailer has dropped?
Because I would really like your opinion on the gameplay and the presentation.

I don't know why people complain about striking. It is literally the best striking in any combat sport game so far in my opinion. UFC 4 made some bad changes and actually felt worse overall, but the fundamentals are still there and I am more than happy they will stay.
I can talk about gameplay a little. I cant talk about presentation until they drop a trailer discussing it. Just know its the thing I have been complaining about the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »