Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2023, 06:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It makes me furious but I used all of my energy to fight against this in 2020 when I first heard about it.

The thought behind it (which I disagree with) is data shows most people use CAFs online or in Career mode. In career mode, you can increase attributes and move sets so this doesnt apply. Online, they think most people just want to create the cosmetics of their fighter and get online as fast as they can. They could care less if their fighter has certain moves.

They believe that people like me who use CAF to boost the roster and create real accurate fighters are a small minority so they would rather cater to the majority and force everyone to use the archetypes.
I understand that logic. I just don't get why both options can't be a thing. The stat editing system already existed back in UFC 3, so I wouldn't think it would be hard to then continue that in UFC 4, then just add the archetypes as a new optional feature (for offline, but maybe mandatory for online to ensure good balance).

Just doesn't make much sense to me. Even if they had to do a little bit of work to build a slightly different stat management system, I can't imagine that actually being much work in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not a hardcore CAF user, but they're certainly something I spend a decent amount of time with in these games. But in UFC 4 I literally didn't use any CAFs at all outside of career mode. Archetypes just make all these fighters feel generic and boring. As I said, it literally stopped me from using CAFs at all in UFC 4 - which was really frustrating to me since they had added all these new cosmetics and stuff that I never once used as I had no interest in playing with CAFs using archetypes.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really is so aggravating that they'd remove a feature as basic as this one, and then apparently also lie to you about fixing it. It's definitely the thing that I hated most about UFC 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 06:58 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti1
not trying to single you out here but these are the people buying these games mindlessly. striking has barely changed since UFC 3 lol.
When I refer to striking, I'm not really referring to the animation as much as I'm referring to the collision. The way fists collide with the face. The leg kicks. Everything just looks right to me. Graphics are on point and damage finally looks like it should in a combat sports game. Very happy with how it's looking.
Old 09-16-2023, 06:59 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I understand that logic. I just don't get why both options can't be a thing. The stat editing system already existed back in UFC 3, so I wouldn't think it would be hard to then continue that in UFC 4, then just add the archetypes as a new optional feature (for offline, but maybe mandatory for online to ensure good balance).

Just doesn't make much sense to me. Even if they had to do a little bit of work to build a slightly different stat management system, I can't imagine that actually being much work in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not a hardcore CAF user, but they're certainly something I spend a decent amount of time with in these games. But in UFC 4 I literally didn't use any CAFs at all outside of career mode. Archetypes just make all these fighters feel generic and boring. As I said, it literally stopped me from using CAFs at all in UFC 4 - which was really frustrating to me since they had added all these new cosmetics and stuff that I never once used as I had no interest in playing with CAFs using archetypes.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really is so aggravating that they'd remove a feature as basic as this one, and then apparently also lie to you about fixing it. It's definitely the thing that I hated most about UFC 4.
I'll be honest. The lying is what made me change my approach to consulting on the game. I now just focus on things that are in the game that I can change (AI/Stats) and I'm not even the lead on that anymore (The two GCs who are leading that are doing an incredible job). The devs have also always been great about giving us real input when it comes to that.

But the bottom line is they lied. They said they would look into it and address it for all the reasons you listed and the only thing that changed is they added a few more archetypes.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:04 PM   #68
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
CAF hasnt changed much. More slots but its basically the same. I'm very disappointed about this given that I was promised this would change during the UFC 4 patch period and definitely with UFC 5.

Cage grappling is the same as ufc 4.
Please tell me female CAF's are not still just limited to the same four body types from the last few games...
Old 09-16-2023, 07:09 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Please tell me female CAF's are not still just limited to the same four body types from the last few games...
I'm sorry. As of right now, its the same 4. No idea what will be in the final game though.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:50 PM   #70
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
It makes me furious but I used all of my energy to fight against this in 2020 when I first heard about it.

The thought behind it (which I disagree with) is data shows most people use CAFs online or in Career mode. In career mode, you can increase attributes and move sets so this doesnt apply. Online, they think most people just want to create the cosmetics of their fighter and get online as fast as they can. They could care less if their fighter has certain moves.

They believe that people like me who use CAF to boost the roster and create real accurate fighters are a small minority so they would rather cater to the majority and force everyone to use the archetypes.
3 years and CAF and clinch haven't been touched? That's all I needed to hear. Have fun everyone.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:54 PM   #71
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
I'm sorry. As of right now, its the same 4. No idea what will be in the final game though.
Well, at least now I know. Thanks for sharing what info you can.

All they could come up with in three years is a copy-and-pasted CAF system from the last game? That's incredibly disappointing.

And I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but charging $70 for UFC 4.5 (now on Frostbite ) is just so quintessentially EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 07:56 PM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

I'm feeling like I'm being too negative so let me list out some gameplay positives. Understand I only play offline at Legendary difficulty so I cant speak to online.

- Graphics: Significant improvement from 4. Improved lighting in every arena. Improved faces on alot of fighters. Damage system much improved from 4.

- Sub System: I'm nowhere close to fully understanding it but I already enjoy it more than any other sub system Ive used and I've played every MMA game ever released.

- Striking: Not a ton of new animations. The speed is slightly faster but not so fast that its completely unrealistic. With that said, I wouldnt mind slowing it down a tad.

- Fight Variety: I've seen 17 second KOs. I've seen split decisions. I've seen stand up wars that go to UDs. I've seen miracle subs. Good variety of finishes.

- Damage System: I love the fact that if there is a cut, you can punish that side and it can affect the fight. Also like the doctor stoppages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »