Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 09-17-2023, 10:57 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Hard blow the saber that in the CAF the archetypes continue as the only option to create a fighter.

It has no logic, much less offline, it has to leave freedom to create fighters, all of this saddens me.

Now all they need is for them to have removed the standing fight as a playable option I dead 😩

I had been encouraged by the idea of ​​having more space to store my created fighters, with numbers between 80 to 100 spaces, even many more would be wonderful for me, now shoot telling me that from 22 we went from to 30 😭.

But of course, with the archetypes, no matter how many slots they give us, we will be cloning a series of fighters with different aspects but in the end with the same fighting styles and very few variants in terms of their attributes, it is disappointing.

Maintaining the archetypes seems good to me as an option, what's more they could put a random option where a fighter is randomly created with its attributes, so that whoever wants to create a fighter more quickly, but never removing this option to completely create a fighter those of us who like to do it, at least those of us who play offline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 11:06 AM   #82
Just started!

Definitely underwhelmed by this, but still reserving judgement until we find out more. Don't even have enough energy for this game right now to articulate my dislikes. Just can't believe that this is what we're getting with the development time and console generation jump.

And I still can't believe they can't get McGregor's trunks length correct smh.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:12 PM   #83
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It makes me furious but I used all of my energy to fight against this in 2020 when I first heard about it.

The thought behind it (which I disagree with) is data shows most people use CAFs online or in Career mode. In career mode, you can increase attributes and move sets so this doesnt apply. Online, they think most people just want to create the cosmetics of their fighter and get online as fast as they can. They could care less if their fighter has certain moves.

They believe that people like me who use CAF to boost the roster and create real accurate fighters are a small minority so they would rather cater to the majority and force everyone to use the archetypes.
I get it, and as someone else said I know I'm preaching to the choir, but if this is their reasoning, then there is no reason why we cannot have optionality. When you're on the fourth or fifth installment of a series, you should be building on what worked. If they believe that there are players that want to create their fighters quickly and jump into the game then the archetypes should be an option for them. It does not mean that you take away a feature that plenty of people enjoyed (like you I disagree that we're some insignificant minority of players) in order to appeal to a different group. To put it another way, I truly don't believe anyone bought 4 or will buy 5 because of the archetypes. I do however believe there are people who didn't buy 4 and won't buy 5 because the way they play the game has been completely torpedoed, but what the hell do I know.

Thanks as always for your insight.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:57 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The thought behind it (which I disagree with) is data shows most people use CAFs online or in Career mode. In career mode, you can increase attributes and move sets so this doesnt apply. Online, they think most people just want to create the cosmetics of their fighter and get online as fast as they can. They could care less if their fighter has certain moves.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with them on this. CAF mode largely sucks so I only use it in career because I have to. Casuals probably won't fiddle with the stats to save time. Wonder how they've measured this data. Can they actually isolate time spend in each menu screen? Also, they forgot to mention it leads to min-maxing, which would just kill online even more.

Oh well... Between the crappy clinch not changing and CAF mode probably still lackluster, there's still a chance I end up buying the game. Depends on how 'present' the clinch will be. Will most likely take EA Play for a month and try the 10h demo first to see if career is more fun. If it's not, I simply won't buy. Apart from the presentation and the promising submission changes I don't see any reason to.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:09 PM   #85
Rookie

Other than visual damage, and eye damage affecting ability to block on that side - are there changes to the damage system under the hood?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 10:54 PM   #86
MVP

Why is there such a big difference?
The picture on the left is taken from the pre-order page. Its not from the cinematic trailer.
The pictures on the right are captured from the first look trailer.
The left one looks like graphic quality of ps5 and the right pics look like ps4.
Did the graphics get nerfed?
Old 09-17-2023, 11:15 PM   #87
Rookie

so what exactly took 3 years to make here? Im just wondering from a non bias stand point. Some might remember me most probably wont, ive been around since the first THQ games, i just dont post much, but man, 3 years for what? The striking looks untouched, yes they squeezed in some strikes from different angles and things like that, but the actual base for it looks literally the same.

This has to be one of those things were they had this game sitting on the shelf for 2 years or a year and a half and they actually only have a year or so of real dev time cuz you cant honestly debate that this is 3 years worth of development time for a replay system, some blood and a sub system which is what people wanted from the start so props on that.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 AM   #88
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

Why is there such a big difference?
The picture on the left is taken from the pre-order page. Its not from the cinematic trailer.
The pictures on the right are captured from the first look trailer.
The left one looks like graphic quality of ps5 and the right pics look like ps4.
Did the graphics get nerfed?

No idea but its pretty messed up how they first showed us the best Fedor render they had (my guess is they had an artist make an image specifically to use for the pre-order bundle)

From there we went to a walk-in Fedor that looks good, towards some atrocity that came out of a 8 year old mobile game.

And they put a 30$ premium on that edition.
We waited all these years and thats how Fedor looks when they can finally put him in their game?

It honestly looks like they used their EA Gameface stuff to make these pre-order characters. You'd think they would be super passionate to give it their all to put someone like Fedor in their game but it is actually insulting how they've given us bullshots before finally letting his ingame model slip (which looks terrible).

So these are just them using their 2010 EA MMA data right? But we've all seen what Undisputed cooked up for Ali (while not having his likeness captured), so it is clearly EA just goofing around or looking for a quick buck.

Last edited by Yaari; 09-18-2023 at 05:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »