Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2023, 08:43 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I'm not attacking you because I disagree with your take. Your attitude here is concerning. Apart from your use of censored words, the tone of your voice indicates you clearly treat people with differing viewpoints as inferior, and that should stop. As I was the last one afaik to voice this particular view, I felt somewhat offended. That is what upsets me right now, not that one of my favorite games isn't going the way I like it. I've made peace with that. You should try it. And for what it's worth, I put in 4 *'s, not the actual word you think I posted.

That's wishful thinking. And I don't have any data apart from online presence (and neither do you), and I can't believe this segment is even remotely close to that of casual buyers. I'm not talking about added playtime per buyer. I'm talking plain purchases. Most might just play it for a couple of hours at most, and move on to different games. EA doesn't care.

The most concerning is the developers themselves. The one from EAUFC3 was very present here. Others also noted a change I suggested and even implemented it. Can't blame a dude for trying it again, which I why I'm voicing the same concerns over and over, like the coloured tights and champion tights needing to be selectable. Still haven't heard an excuse for that, apart from the false one that it's supposed to be part of the fighter model. Next thing you're going to tell me that it's because of them believing players wouldn't want to press the button again to confirm tights colour.

In the end, I noted you are somehow allied with EA and are therefore partly responsible for the state of the game that we will get. And it's not looking so great. Obviously you're going to receive some heat for it, if you pair it with the attitude you're putting in.
To be fair, he doesn't get paid by EA, work for them, or have any authority.

Getting mad at him for basically saying he's said his peace but isn't going to lose sleep over a video game he doesn't have a financial incentive is a little wild.

I've taken it as I'll be a lot happier once I accept that this game isn't what I thought it was going to be.

And that's proven true.

I play other video games. I watch movies. I watch TV. I hang out with my family.

I dont have to obsess over this disappointment.

It's literally a video game. We aren't owed it. We don't have to buy it.

I'd say going "well that sucks" and then moving on about your day is pretty healthy.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #114
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I'm not attacking you because I disagree with your take. Your attitude here is concerning. Apart from your use of censored words, the tone of your voice indicates you clearly treat people with differing viewpoints as inferior, and that should stop. As I was the last one afaik to voice this particular view, I felt somewhat offended. That is what upsets me right now, not that one of my favorite games isn't going the way I like it. I've made peace with that. You should try it. And for what it's worth, I put in 4 *'s, not the actual word you think I posted.

That's wishful thinking. And I don't have any data apart from online presence (and neither do you), and I can't believe this segment is even remotely close to that of casual buyers. I'm not talking about added playtime per buyer. I'm talking plain purchases. Most might just play it for a couple of hours at most, and move on to different games. EA doesn't care.

The most concerning is the developers themselves. The one from EAUFC3 was very present here. Others also noted a change I suggested and even implemented it. Can't blame a dude for trying it again, which I why I'm voicing the same concerns over and over, like the coloured tights and champion tights needing to be selectable. Still haven't heard an excuse for that, apart from the false one that it's supposed to be part of the fighter model. Next thing you're going to tell me that it's because of them believing players wouldn't want to press the button again to confirm tights colour.

In the end, I noted you are somehow allied with EA and are therefore partly responsible for the state of the game that we will get. And it's not looking so great. Obviously you're going to receive some heat for it, if you pair it with the attitude you're putting in.
How can you tell my "tone" through email? You have no idea if I'm angry, laughing or neither when I write. You are imagining what you think my tone is.
Also, you werent the only one to voice that opinion. 2 others did it right after you and its something that has been said multiple times before that. You overreacted plain and simple.

As for me thinking people are inferior, thats simply untrue. I find it sad to see the same thing happening every time around release. EA is doing the same thing.

I'll address one last thing about the game/devs and move on. GPD (the dev you are referring to) has moved on to Sony. He's been gone for 3 yrs. I dont believe the devs have added a significant suggestion from OSers (one that only affects the sim community and doesnt benefit everyone) in like 4 yrs.

I dont blame people for trying but expecting that it will change after 4 yrs of non activity and 2 releases that show the game is going in a different direction is strange. Eventually, you realize the game isnt going in the direction you want and you either speak with your wallet or you lower your expectations. That is all I've been saying.

Bottom line: Dont personally attack me by saying "**** you" (or using the stars lol). One, its against the rules here at OS. It will get you banned and I dont want to see that. Two, if we were having this discussion face to face, you wouldnt respond to me disagreeing with you by saying that. That internet postering is unnecessary.

Lets keep it cordial so we can both continue to enjoy this site.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:04 AM   #115
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Moving on....there is something cool coming soon. I dont want to spoil it but it will help shine a light on many of the gameplay questions people have.

You guys KNOW I dont overhype ****. I think the community will enjoy the content when it drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 10:46 AM   #116
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:

- Well it DID have a good clinch in the third installment. And guess what? There's an EZ fix... "stand and bang" mode!
This right f*cking here. If you don't want to clinch, pick another mode. It's MMA. MMA mode. If it's in the game, its in the game. Right EA?

Ok, I need to know where all these silent overwhelming majority of people who bang down the door for archetypes and demand clinch be removed all hang out and chat? I don't see it anywhere here. Reddit? EA forums? Sherdog? F*cking AOL chat rooms? I gotta go lurk and hear about their rationales. Where are they?
Old 09-19-2023, 11:02 AM   #117
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Moving on....there is something cool coming soon. I dont want to spoil it but it will help shine a light on many of the gameplay questions people have.

You guys KNOW I dont overhype ****. I think the community will enjoy the content when it drops.
idk bro you kinda overhyped the graphics. i wasn't that impressed by them in the gameplay trailer tbh. i was expecting next gen graphics. I forget the bar for EA is on the floor though. I've played too much TLOU i guess.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:19 AM   #118
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti1
idk bro you kinda overhyped the graphics. i wasn't that impressed by them in the gameplay trailer tbh. i was expecting next gen graphics. I forget the bar for EA is on the floor though. I've played too much TLOU i guess.

"- Graphics: Significant improvement from 4. Improved lighting in every arena. Improved faces on alot of fighters. Damage system much improved from 4."

That is what I said about the graphics. I have no idea how that is "overhyping". Also, I've been playing the game in 4K HDR so maybe thats why its not underwhelming to me.

Also, my comment doesnt apply to everyone here. I'm not expecting people who have their mind made up about the game to see the content coming and decide that they love the game. I'm not expecting it to change the mind of people who are justifiably upset about missing features.

Its for people who have questions about the new features and it clears up a few miscconceptions that people have related to the game.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to lurking. You guys will have the beta in hand soon and I'm not in the business of promoting this game (EA doesnt pay me for that).
Old 09-19-2023, 11:35 AM   #119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

"- Graphics: Significant improvement from 4. Improved lighting in every arena. Improved faces on alot of fighters. Damage system much improved from 4."

That is what I said about the graphics. I have no idea how that is "overhyping". Also, I've been playing the game in 4K HDR so maybe thats why its not underwhelming to me.

Also, my comment doesnt apply to everyone here. I'm not expecting people who have their mind made up about the game to see the content coming and decide that they love the game. I'm not expecting it to change the mind of people who are justifiably upset about missing features.

Its for people who have questions about the new features and it clears up a few miscconceptions that people have related to the game.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to lurking. You guys will have the beta in hand soon and I'm not in the business of promoting this game (EA doesnt pay me for that).
bet on deepdive gameplay tomorroy showing the modes
Old 09-19-2023, 11:49 AM   #120
MVP

here is our roadmap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »