Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-16-2023, 08:28 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Gameplay and Features Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm feeling like I'm being too negative so let me list out some gameplay positives. Understand I only play offline at Legendary difficulty so I cant speak to online.

- Graphics: Significant improvement from 4. Improved lighting in every arena. Improved faces on alot of fighters. Damage system much improved from 4.

- Sub System: I'm nowhere close to fully understanding it but I already enjoy it more than any other sub system Ive used and I've played every MMA game ever released.

- Striking: Not a ton of new animations. The speed is slightly faster but not so fast that its completely unrealistic. With that said, I wouldnt mind slowing it down a tad.

- Fight Variety: I've seen 17 second KOs. I've seen split decisions. I've seen stand up wars that go to UDs. I've seen miracle subs. Good variety of finishes.

- Damage System: I love the fact that if there is a cut, you can punish that side and it can affect the fight. Also like the doctor stoppages.
Yea man its like you told me a couple weeks ago......there's things I'll hate and there's things I'll love, and so far this has been accurate with the info given. The ground game does look a lot smoother. Maybe the devs weren't blowing smoke when it comes to the whole 60 FPS being a big deal. I have one question for you, you may not be able to answer it, and that's fine but figure it's worth at least trying. I know they said Fedor is a Deluxe edition preorder bonus, but do you know if there's a way to unlock him through playing the game, or if he can be paid for?? I prefer to buy physical whenever I can. I know they're only releasing the deluxe edition via digital download. I guess if my only option for getting Fedor is buying it digitally I guess I'll have to. Was hoping to buy physical though. That and why advertise that badass Izzy deluxe cover if you can't actually purchase it. Does it just give you the Izzy image as a loading screen or what? How does it work? And appreciate your transparency on the game. I'm looking forward to playing it even if my hype level isn't through the roof. The ground animations do look slick.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
You also forgot about Spiderman 2 being released in October which seems to be a goty contender. And it only took Insomiac 5 years to make major improvements and expansions, meanwhile we have these geniuses at EA doing bare minimum effort in 3 YEARS which usually is seen in annual sport game releases. Guys do yourself a favor and for the sake of the industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLsMVGHyTw
Oh I know I'm forgetting a ton of games, just named the ones that came to mind at the time. My point is that since so many highly anticipated games are coming out in the same time frame as UFC 5 that EA shouldn't take it for granted that people will automatically go out and buy it on day 1. They had a few things going for them that helped create the perfect storm as far as getting high sales numbers on UFC 4.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This couldnt be more wrong. I swear you were one of the guys predicting disatrous sales for UFC 4 and then it sold more at launch than the previous 3.

There comes a point when people here need to accept that while the game does not appeal to OSers, it appeals to a large amount of consumers who will happily drop 60-70 bucks to play it.
The main reason for the high sales of UFC 4 was the timing of its release. There were no other new game releases during the game's launch, and due to COVID-19, everyone could only stay at home. Also, the price of UFC 4 is not 60-70. I believe the resources spent by EA on developing this game are limited. The game is cheaper than before. Joining EA PLAY and having discounts for the previous UFC series allow for even more discounts. All of this does not represent the success of UFC 4's gameplay content. There have been many discounts for UFC 4 later on. It definitely doesn't mean that people are willing to spend 60-70 dollars to buy UFC 4.

The base price for PS5 games is now $70, which is a very high price compared to before. This has already changed people's willingness to purchase games at the time of their initial release.

Last edited by martialxd; 09-16-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 02:54 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd
The main reason for the high sales of UFC 4 was the timing of its release. There were no other new game releases during the game's launch, and due to COVID-19, everyone could only stay at home. Also, the price of UFC 4 is not 60-70. I believe the resources spent by EA on developing this game are limited. The game is cheaper than before. Joining EA PLAY and having discounts for the previous UFC series allow for even more discounts. All of this does not represent the success of UFC 4's gameplay content. There have been many discounts for UFC 4 later on. It definitely doesn't mean that people are willing to spend 60-70 dollars to buy UFC 4.

The base price for PS5 games is now $70, which is a very high price compared to before. This has already changed people's willingness to purchase games at the time of their initial release.
Yep pretty much nailed it. And also have to look at the fact that EA UFC 3 was regarded by most as a pretty decent step forwards in the series. A lot of people were assuming that UFC 4 would continue the forward progress. Hence the reason so many people went online and vented about how bad it was (EA UFC 4). The disappointment in UFC 4 could definitely weigh heavily on people's decisions to purchase UFC 5. Most people who get burnt usually aren't keen to be burnt again.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:37 AM   #77
MVP

Honestly, Do you guys think the graphics look better than ufc4? I think, It might look a bit better but there's not huge different. It doesn't look like for the current gen.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:50 AM   #78
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Honestly, Do you guys think the graphics look better than ufc4? I think, It might look a bit better but there's not huge different. It doesn't look like for the current gen.
Maybe in cutscenes but it certainly doesn't impress. Just feels like they combined EA UFC 4's Performance Mode and Resolution Mode and shipped it as a new game.

I'm not at all impressed by this offering. I'm curious about the 60fps because I know what it can do for a game but other than that its just hilariously bad.

Those 3 pre-order character look bad to me. Tyson/Ali/Fedor. I'm not impressed with how any of them look. Those renders they have on their website are what we call bullshots. Doesn't resemble the offering at all.
Old 09-17-2023, 06:18 AM   #79
MVP

they didn't even update fighter's modeling. still ugly body proportion.. still using face modeling made in ufc1-2.. smh..
Old 09-17-2023, 08:20 AM   #80
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Waited 3 years for cinematic replays, New blood cuts which was technically in the game already, new sub system, online draws, coach davis back in career mode, Doctor stoppages, ref interaction. All these should have been added in UFC 4 it feels like ea ufc purposely misses out alot so they can add it in for a next iteration. these were bare minimum stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »