Old 02-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #6
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Madden Platform vs Annual Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigBoyC
Madden Franchise players don't have micro transactions and that is who your post is aimed at.

I know. That's why you are in a thread where I proposed a hypothetical situation to see if this community, which is full of franchise players mostly, would be inclined to pay for franchise updates if they were more significant and in higher frequency with a different release model.

The problem is what you are asking for takes resources from the main Madden release. You are basically asking for DLC/Expansion packs. Sports games do not work like that....never have. It is a non-starter for EA and gamers.

I am not asking for anything from EA. I am asking the community what their opinions would be in a hypothetical situation. I'm not sure how this takes away from the main Madden release either? This allows them to develop the game continuously as a live service, so there is no main release in this purely HYPOTHETICAL situation.

Someone posts something like this ever so often, thinking it a Novel way to do things. It has been thought of and stated before. Never going to happen.

Brother, just lol. I didn't make this thread with the intention of acting like I am a genius that can make EA more money with a new release model. It's literally a thread to see what the opinion of the members of the community are in a hypothetical situation that would be different from the status quo.

This thread was not created with the intention of me patting myself on the back and crossing my fingers hoping some EA suit sees it and thinks I must be a business mogul thus leading to EA completely changing how Madden is handled moving forward. I simply wanted to know if this community would be willing to deal with a different model if it meant spending more money but getting more updates in the areas of the game they care more about. Nothing more.
Again, answers in red.

― Plato