View Single Post
Old 05-28-2024, 02:04 PM   #8
georgiafan
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My Top Ten Rebuilds in College Football 25

My take and I'll break these up into a few categories as not everyone will realistically want to wait till year 5 to be good.

Power Schools - Quick Rebuilds

3. North Carolina - You've got a elite HB and a recent history of good QB's. You can win the ACC right away and I also like the uniforms. Carolina produce a good amount of recruits and depending on the rules maybe you can join the SEC in a few years.

2. South Carolina - Never won and your in the SEC also your spot in the pecking order just got lowered by 2. A good recruiting area in the south. The reason you want to get them is incoming freak Nyck Harbor who ran faster then Tyreek Hill at 6'5 240.

1. Florida - You have a true freshman QB that's a stud and a brutal schedule. Recruiting is easy in Florida and close to Georgia.

Mid Tier

3. Liberty - I put them here because you have a QB returning who passed for 2,700 yards and rushed for 1,000. Who I think you could potential get 2 years out of. I've heard they will have a fun playbook and won a bunch of games last year. They are also in a good spot for recruiting not all that far from Ohio or the SEC schools

2. Stanford - Might have to come up with some in house rules for the academics and joining the ACC gives you a fresh look

1. SMU - Depending on how NIL works could be them over the top with boosters. You could bring a run heavy offense and bring back the glory days. They are also in the ACC now a winnable conference. Home state in Texas for recruiting

Small Conferences - long rebuilds

3. Air Force / Army - Take your pick of your service academy if you're into the option style teams

2. Louisiana Cajuns - This one is all about recruiting you have the instate and bordering up to Texas. So I think you can find some 2 and 3* gems. Your also close enough to the SEC states to maybe get some leftovers. You can try and schedule LSU every year.

1. Wyoming - Maybe I'm biased toward the Cowboy type culture, but I like their logo and uniforms. Being in the middle of nowhere makes recruiting a challenge. The trailer scored them some points with the statue and some snow games.