Thread: Defense
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2024, 12:39 AM   #4
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Defense

I'm with you, OP. With them reworking so many parts from the ground up, I am really hoping defense got a lot of love. With disguised shells, split-field coverages, bracket coverages, the new option adjustments, and all others, it seems defense did get plenty of attention, which is nice to hear.

What I've tried to pay attention to in the trailer is the pass coverage. I've rewatched it too many times, many focusing purely on how the secondary play is. If the trailer is indicative of coverage, I can see some people whining about how sticky the coverage is based on some of the clips. I, personally, am fine with that and hope EA does not adjust it. Not every WR should get separation every single play, and some plays should get absolutely shut down.

It's college where offense reigns supreme, but that doesn't mean every snap has a wide open WR running around. Hopefully the trailer has been indicative of what we'll see and EA won't back down. If so, I think defenses won't be completely helpless and talented defenses will be able to perform.

― Plato