View Single Post
Old 06-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #21
Old Ryan
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Head Coach Plan/Backstory

A career clipboard holder gets into coaching in his early 20s as a graduate assistant at K-state. By age 30 he’s an up-and-coming offensive coordinator following Mike Leach from School to School. At 34 I get my shot to become a head coach at Tulsa. Unfortunately, it does not go well. I crack in the pressure and develop a severe drug and alcohol problem. The program is in shambles. The NCAA is investigating for recruiting violations. At age 36, It comes to a crescendo when I’m arrested for stabbing a hobo to death behind a Kmart in Tucson, Arizona at 4:30 AM. During the dinvestigation it’s discovered I’ve been participating in back-alley knife fighting circuit.
I get fired from Tulsa. My wife leaves me. My dog dies. And my truck breaks down.
It takes me two years to clear things up with all that but luckily the charges were dropped. Clean and sober at 38 and I get a call from Boise State to be their offensive coordinator under Andy Avalos. The previous offensive coordinator was hit in the head with snowball that had a rock in the middle of it and was killed. No one is really upset because he kind of sucked anyway, and Broncos offense has been mediocre best for the last several years. Despite my amazing recruiting ability and general awesomeness at offensive schemes, Andy is a dog turd head coach and is screwing it up for everybody and eventually fired.

The powers would be at Boise State are split between myself and Spencer Danielson as the head coach. It is decided we will set it settle it in the ways that all native Idahoans settle disputes………. Naked arm wrestling best two out of three.
Given that Spencer is from California and has a week pathetic arms I easily destroy him. That and my two years as amateur knife fighter behind, Kmart has left my right arm severely overdeveloped. I decide to keep him on his defensive coordinator. We reconcile our differences and agree to try to return Boise state to prominence. After all we played the mountain west there’s no reason we shouldn’t be destroying 90% of the teams.

Last edited by Old Ryan; 06-22-2024 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove