Home

Dynasty Head Coach Plan/Backstory

This is a discussion on Dynasty Head Coach Plan/Backstory within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-21-2024, 12:23 AM   #17
Rookie

DynastyDaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Head Coach Plan/Backstory

Derek King was a dual threat QB who played at the University of Tennessee. He was known for his intelligence, his ability to make plays with his legs and for quick, accurate passes. He never won a national title at Tennessee, but he realized his dream when he was drafted in the 1st round of the NFL Draft.

He went on to have a hall of fame NFL career and ended up a two time Super Bowl winning QB for the Tennessee Titans and the Arizona Cardinals. Despite all of his success, Derek was only able to play 8 seasons in the NFL due to a couple of devastating knee injuries.

When his NFL career ended, he was lauded for his incredible NFL knowledge and teams were practically begging him to coach. King wasn’t sure about the idea of coaching, but took the opportunity to become the Jets QB coach. Unsurprisingly he excelled and was able to mentor and teach the Jets young franchise QB at the time. Many pointed to Derek King as one of the main reasons the Jets were able to clinch a playoff spot. King loved the impact that he had, but was again overwhelmed with offers the following year to become a HEAD coach of the Tennessee Titans, the same team that he had brought a championship to. Derek felt like the jump from QB coach to HC would be a bit drastic, but the money that was being offered was simply too good to turn down. Unfortunately, the Titans were in the midst of a complete rebuild and in his 3 years as the HC, the Titans had a slew of injuries, bad draft picks, poor free agent signings, and never made the playoffs during his tenure. He resigned that off-season and seemingly retired…

During his retirement, Derek was able to mentor his son who was playing QB for the Florida Gators. His son went on to win a National Championship, a Heisman trophy, and was selected in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft by the Bears. His son did not see the same success that his father had at the NFL level. He was thrust into the starting lineup and was not ready for the pro game. In just 2 seasons, he was a journeyman backup QB and his career ended after 5 seasons in the NFL.

After his son’s career ended, Derek didn’t really know what to do. His career was thought to be over, but something inside of him reignited and for the 1st time in years, he wanted to coach football again. He contacted his agent and let him know that he wanted to coach college athletes. His favorite coaching memories were all from when he worked with the young QBs for the New York Jets.

His agent sent out feelers and within a matter of days there were several schools interested.

To be continued…

Last edited by DynastyDaddy; 06-21-2024 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:24 AM   #18
Rookie

Xcfisme's Arena

No backstory really, just plan on starting out as the HC of ODU (fairly local university) and then building them up until a P5 job comes calling lol
Old 06-21-2024, 12:26 PM   #19
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Mark Schlereth decides to return to his home state to coach their first D1 football team, the University of Alaska Fairbanks Nanooks

My personal twitch https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

CFB 25 Online Dynasty News and Gaming News Here: https://www.twitch.tv/boyzoffall

https://www.youtube.com/@Boyz_of_Fall
Old 06-21-2024, 10:09 PM   #20
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

In a sudden and unexpected development, new Army offensive coordinator Cody Worley resigns to ''spend more time with my family.'' Named in his stead, Army lands a fish from the NFL ranks, current Indianapolis Colts OC and former Tennessee Vol QB Jim Bob Cooter. Says Cooter, ''I have no desire to spend more time with my family and I want to start a long and fruitful college career right here at West Point.'' This biased reporter has long been a fan of Coach Cooter and would love to see him have enough succes to eventually work his way up to head coach at Syracuse University and lead the Orange to their first national championship since 1959. But for now, we will be content to see how he fares as OC for the Black Knight Cadets. Says Coach Cooter, ''We will still run the gun option but we want to bring a little more ‘gun’ to that option than Michie Stadium is accustomed to seeing. We fully expect improvement over last years 6-6 campaign, and will settle for nothing less than immediately competing for an American Athletic Conference championship. We feel we can be the best Group of Five team and secure a playoff birth in the very first year of playoff expansion to twelve teams.''
In an unrelated development, Army head coach Jeff Monken has banned Coach Cooter from further talking to the media to assuage fears ''Cooter may be writing checks our butt cannot cash.''
#44Syracuse
Old 06-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #21
Just started!

A career clipboard holder gets into coaching in his early 20s as a graduate assistant at K-state. By age 30 he’s an up-and-coming offensive coordinator following Mike Leach from School to School. At 34 I get my shot to become a head coach at Tulsa. Unfortunately, it does not go well. I crack in the pressure and develop a severe drug and alcohol problem. The program is in shambles. The NCAA is investigating for recruiting violations. At age 36, It comes to a crescendo when I’m arrested for stabbing a hobo to death behind a Kmart in Tucson, Arizona at 4:30 AM. During the dinvestigation it’s discovered I’ve been participating in back-alley knife fighting circuit.
I get fired from Tulsa. My wife leaves me. My dog dies. And my truck breaks down.
It takes me two years to clear things up with all that but luckily the charges were dropped. Clean and sober at 38 and I get a call from Boise State to be their offensive coordinator under Andy Avalos. The previous offensive coordinator was hit in the head with snowball that had a rock in the middle of it and was killed. No one is really upset because he kind of sucked anyway, and Broncos offense has been mediocre best for the last several years. Despite my amazing recruiting ability and general awesomeness at offensive schemes, Andy is a dog turd head coach and is screwing it up for everybody and eventually fired.

The powers would be at Boise State are split between myself and Spencer Danielson as the head coach. It is decided we will set it settle it in the ways that all native Idahoans settle disputes………. Naked arm wrestling best two out of three.
Given that Spencer is from California and has a week pathetic arms I easily destroy him. That and my two years as amateur knife fighter behind, Kmart has left my right arm severely overdeveloped. I decide to keep him on his defensive coordinator. We reconcile our differences and agree to try to return Boise state to prominence. After all we played the mountain west there’s no reason we shouldn’t be destroying 90% of the teams.

Last edited by Old Ryan; 06-22-2024 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2024, 06:51 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Coach Ding L. Berry is going to return to the college game after a long 5 year layoff after getting fired from a top FBS level school. He could never quite get over the consistent 9-3 hump. So, he has blown through his not so great buyout. He has a lifelong friend at a lower FBS program that wants Coach Ding L. Berry to come in and establish "some success".

RISE UP FANS AND SEE WHAT COACH DING L. BERRY WILL BE DROPPING!!!
Old 06-23-2024, 12:39 PM   #23
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

University of Cincinnati a basement team in the Big 12? C'mon... They are NOT competing for a National Championship, but they aren't a basement team either... Mid at worse... They have some good talent coming in. Maybe this is based on Coach Satterfield, OK, I will give you that, he is awful, but Satterfield won't be playing this game, we will... I will have UC into contender within 3 years of the Dynasty...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 06-24-2024, 11:26 AM   #24
All Star

Nice list. With the transfer portal chaos it's not as predictable as it used to be. Missouri is a great example both in football and basketball. Missouri made the won a game in the NCAA tournament in 22-23 and lost every conference game in 23-24.

In football they went from barely being bowl eligible to a really good season. I'm glad NIL didn't make it into the game. Transfer portal will be chaotic enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »