View Single Post
Old 07-29-2024, 04:25 PM   #37
ZekeRoberts
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Player speed parity scale

I know that there are different folks in this thread playing user vs cpu or cpu vs cpu, so here are a couple of observations from someone who "users" because the threshold (or PSPS, as I guess it should be called) really changes the experience when you are the one on the sticks and the buttons.

I think the run game is too easy at 25. Yes, I am Michigan, I have a great OL and a fast QB and run the option so I am to have almost as many rushing yards as most teams have passing yards. But I think it is still too easy to get to the edge, and also to explode to the house on a second level block. I don't know if we'll ever see backs getting caught from behind on breakaways, or even what slider would affect that beyond PSPS, but I will be turning down user run blocking a bit and maybe even increasing CPU Tackling (although i still want to be able to break tackles...)

Not quite as easy as the run game, but I think user controlling a D-Lineman is a bit too easy. I don't always user a DL, I like to switch it up and try to earn a coverage sack now and then, but I really enjoy trying to shed a block and pressure the QB or fill gaps. Football is won in the trenches, and this game mostly plays very well up front on both sides of the ball. That being said, I feel like the average DL is slightly faster than the average OL, so once you get in you're getting home with PSPS at 25. So maybe turning up both CPU blocking sliders? I hate to give CPU robo-QBs more time, but I have turned down QB Accuracy for both user and cpu so now I just have to get good I guess 🙃 really difficult to keep the cpu from racking up 300+ in the air EVERY SINGLE GAME 😤