Home

Player speed parity scale

This is a discussion on Player speed parity scale within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-28-2024, 02:31 PM   #33
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player speed parity scale

Good stuff in here, need a "Helpful Tips for this game" by the way don't be afraid to start off on Varsity to get yout bearings with this game. I used to play on All American on the old games but went back and started with Varsity with a few tweaks and really enjoying it right now.
Btw, some penalties may be caused by a players awareness(ex. a freshman or sophomore offensive lineman with low awareness.)

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 07-28-2024, 03:24 PM   #34
MVP

Collegefbfan's Arena

OVR: 0

This speed parity at 25 is very intriguing. You think it would it provide smooth gameplay with the default varsity sliders? And maybe slowed down a tiny bit? This 50 year old needs some help.
Old 07-28-2024, 07:01 PM   #35
Rookie

Speed at 25 definitely has my attention. I had to turn my game off for the night for my own sanity but will give this setting a try tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2024, 10:05 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychedelicTrip
This a rendition of Matt10's sliders so shout out to him.

Heisman
15 sec playclock
Injuries 35
Fatigue 50
Speed scale 25

User/cpu are the same
QB Acc 45
Pass block 50
Wr catch 45
Run block 50
Ball security 50
Reaction time 52
Interceptions 35
Pass coverage 50
Tackling 54
Fg power 52
Fg acc 45
Punt power 50
Punt acc 50
Kickoff power 50

Penalties, all set to on

Offsides 75
False start 95
Off holding 55
Facemask 95
Illegal block in back 75
Rough passer 50
DPI 95
Will these work for CPU vs CPU also?
And are you seeing any injuries with the injury and fatigue settings that low?
Old 07-29-2024, 04:25 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

I know that there are different folks in this thread playing user vs cpu or cpu vs cpu, so here are a couple of observations from someone who "users" because the threshold (or PSPS, as I guess it should be called) really changes the experience when you are the one on the sticks and the buttons.

I think the run game is too easy at 25. Yes, I am Michigan, I have a great OL and a fast QB and run the option so I am to have almost as many rushing yards as most teams have passing yards. But I think it is still too easy to get to the edge, and also to explode to the house on a second level block. I don't know if we'll ever see backs getting caught from behind on breakaways, or even what slider would affect that beyond PSPS, but I will be turning down user run blocking a bit and maybe even increasing CPU Tackling (although i still want to be able to break tackles...)

Not quite as easy as the run game, but I think user controlling a D-Lineman is a bit too easy. I don't always user a DL, I like to switch it up and try to earn a coverage sack now and then, but I really enjoy trying to shed a block and pressure the QB or fill gaps. Football is won in the trenches, and this game mostly plays very well up front on both sides of the ball. That being said, I feel like the average DL is slightly faster than the average OL, so once you get in you're getting home with PSPS at 25. So maybe turning up both CPU blocking sliders? I hate to give CPU robo-QBs more time, but I have turned down QB Accuracy for both user and cpu so now I just have to get good I guess 🙃 really difficult to keep the cpu from racking up 300+ in the air EVERY SINGLE GAME 😤
Old 07-29-2024, 05:14 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
This speed parity at 25 is very intriguing. You think it would it provide smooth gameplay with the default varsity sliders? And maybe slowed down a tiny bit? This 50 year old needs some help.

Speed at 25 has saved this game for me.

Old 07-29-2024, 05:30 PM   #39
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratch
Speed at 25 has saved this game for me.

I like what it did for return game, but my running game is now unstoppable especially with outside runs. I’ll try other sliders to see if can fix it, otherwise I’ll need to raise.
Old 07-29-2024, 05:34 PM   #40
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

For reference this is at 50 threshold. I have a 25 somewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »