View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #21
JWZZR
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Daflyboys NFL 2K5 Feb 2006 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Thanks for the props guys..... as always, the guys who worked rosters and set the base are too be thanked as always.... and of course, Finn, infinitum.

I'm working off of Dan's rosters at this point and keeping track of the FA moves in a seperate file. But I'm also playing an "experimental" season and was in week 7 last night with my Chiefs vs. Vick & Co. Again, these are on 9 min. qtrs and I don't change d-men once the cpu snaps the ball. If I blitz, I don't powerup/charge. Vick only scrambled once for a medium gain, generally playing in the pocket and showing good patience overall. He and Finneran hooked up quite a bit, but most passes were short to medium range and he only had about 90 yds total going late into the 4th and down 20-7. Then something happended I never saw before. He rolled slightly left, waited, then connected with White --- in stride! --- for a 65 yard catch and run. (I saved it if anyone wants to see the replay later.) This allowed him to finish with around 50% for the day for about 155. His season percentage was only 55% last year, so pretty happy to see this....along with 0 INT's.

The nice thing is if I keep seeing zero INT's I can always bump up the INT slider as it's currently set to minimum.....so that's good to have.

Dunn also finished with 80yds. Neither team had a rushing TD. As far as the Chiefs go, I think I'm going to have to dumb down Gonzalez some as he's an absolute beast, even with the receive slider at 16. LJ's attributes need to be bumped up to elite as his nos. last year were ridiculous considering the limited no. of games he played.

Overall, I'm liking working off of this roster set. I don't see the QB's doing this dumb overstepping up into the pocket like on my last set. There's some tweak I must have not overdone from my last set that has fixed this, but damned if I know what it is.

Again, props to Dan and this part of the OS community as well for all that is being done in keeping this football game still the best available.

You shoould post them
Advertisements - Register to remove