View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 03:05 PM   #30
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Official 2006-2007 NFL schedule now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I will allow 10pm in the next released version. I think your file did not get over written when you installed because you already had the schedule in the schedules folder but it was not installed by the editor installer.

The coaches is something that I have not really looked into... but I am sure once the draft hits, I'll get my 2k5 juices flowing again and try to add a few more features for 2k7.

As far as why I created the editor, I just did it to make a great game even better. Back in the day when I was creating rosters for NHL 2k3, I became frustrated that game would not allow me to do things that I needed to do in order to create the perfect roster set. Thus, I wrote my first roster editor to circumvent those restrictions and haven't looked back since. I found that I get enjoyment out of cracking the saves and writing the software. Plus I get the added bonus of being able to use the sweet rosters the editor allows you roster nuts to produce, making the games I enjoy that much better. The fact that 2k5 is dead (and it is only football game that gives me any enjoyment) is why I am still working on the editor but not why I wrote it in the first place.
Like you Finn, I have wanted to do a lot of different stuff in regards to rosters since NFL 2k1 and while 2k3 and 2k5 improved on all the editing aspects and stuff, its nowhere near what it should have been. The only difference between you and me in this regard Finn, is that you know how to write programs and everything for your editors and I dont. But, im definitely happy that someone used his own personal time to create an editor for others to use and make the game more enjoyable. And for that, I say Thank You. I have said it before and I'll say it again, you truly are a GOD.

Last summer, when I first read about this thing called an ESPN 2k5 editor, I was like, what the hell is this? Then, I went to your webpage and read all the stuff that could be done with the editor. While I was disappointed that the editor cant work for ps2 (I like the controller better then Xbox), I was happy that the chance to do all this stuff was at least available for Xbox. I bought a laptop, AR, an Xbox and 2k5 just so I could use your editor. There are a lot of things that are awesome in your editor and that I love but my favorite is the ability to change a player's position on the depth chart. This comes in so handy that its just unreal at times.

Anyway, enough of my story. I just want to say Thanks Finn for all your hard work and dedication. Long live ESPN NFL 2k5. Thanks again Finn.