View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #37
Qrashman
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
I agree with you here. I am not HAPPY with this game, but to say is is a 1 out of 10 is a bit wreckless, considering the pull a site of this size can have on whether gamers will buy somethign or not and rely on someone to score games accurately. Yes the freezing thing sucks ( though I never had one issue since I own no HDD) along with some crazy sim stats etc. and poor fielding control, but there are many innovations here (Inside Edge is a fantastic feature) as well as the incredible depth of info you can get on your players, along with some new and innovative ways of pitching and batting that ON THEIR OWN afford this game more than 1 point out of 10 when considering the game OVERALL.

Like he said, "this review makes future scores almost irrelevant"...
I strongly dislike most of the new "innovations" this game has to offer. I don't care about Inside Edge, Swing Stick, Payoff Pitching, etc. I think its all extra crap.

Personally, I completely agree with the premise of the review itself. It has some nice features but overall I'm insulted that the game was even released.

I hate to keep repeating myself, but I'm a little dismayed that a reputable site with as much "pull" (as you stated) as OS has would let a review like this with a SCORE like this be put up. The score and review are completely contradictory.

The game could have been given a proper score and been lambasted at the same time.