Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #22
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Gameplay or Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Name them please...I'm an older gamer now please tell me what I missed because I've been gaming since the beginning.
Well I said small, but important, so I'm not going to list anything groundbreaking here pal.

- The ability to call slant hot-routes, this was pretty big for me since I always made a ton of adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

- Running the ball up the middle/between the tackles improved.

- The ball spiralling during passes (and then more realistically).

- Playmaker feature (for those times when the AI's defense would cheat and overload the side you were running to every time).

- Improved AI offense.

- New catch and tackle animations (the main ones remained the same but they added new ones).

- The ability to change your audibles on the fly from your playbook during games (so you could change audibles frequently, I loved this feature)

- Rotating conference schedules during dynasties ('05 was the first game to feature this - and it was huge. In NCAA '04 I played 13 years in a dynasty with Penn State and didn't play Michigan ONCE!!)

- They made trick plays actually work. A few years ago if you ran a WR Reverse 100 times you'd get tackled for a loss 100 times.

- The punt/kick return game were drastically improved. Years ago it was impossible to do return kicks.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet