View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #1367
Thrasha
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

When I saw we got Van Buren earlier this year, and I took a look at his numbers I thought he'd be a great, quiet addition to the bullpen. I was really disappointed when he didn't make the big club out of ST mainly because of the arms signed and traded for.

When he came up for the brief stint earlier in the year and pitched very well I thought he might have a shot to stay with the club, but was soon optioned back down. Now that he's back with the ML team, and again pitching well, hopefully the FO/Tito decide to leave him aboard. He's really been the only consistent guy out of our pen not named Papelbon or Timlin. (Yeah, small sample size)

Delcarmen showed a filthy curve tonight against Glaus, I think. So he's definitely showing some promise, just has to work on his control, the walks are scary from a BP guy in a close game.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield