Old 06-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #24
jake44np
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Theisman rips Argos for Williams move

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
In the real world, very few employers test employees for drugs. As MassNole said, what you do on your own time is your own business. As long as you don't show up for work with your faculties impaired, your employer has no say on what you can or can't do outside of work hours.

Marijuana being illegal is quite laughable in itself. It's effect are no worse than alcohol really and there are various law projects in many countries aimed at de-criminalizing possession or flat out legalizing it. I'm all for that.

And that's from someone who does not smoke and hardly ever drinks.
I would totally disagree!
Almost any higher paying job with substance will require a drug test.
I am 33 and all three of my majors employers had random drug testing!
At my current job I have to take a random test 4 times a year, and by the way more and more employers are doing drug test now days. Your companies insurance will go down if they have drug testing and that is why they are requirering it now more then ever.
Also you guys should spend a few days with a couple of my friends if you thing smoking weed is fine. They have both lost their families and their jobs because they can not quit smoking weed. They literally just set around and play video games and smoke weed all day long. They are both 36 and live in their moms basement.