View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
digit4lcowboy
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

Last night on my Arkansas dynasty I got behind against Vandy and ended fighting the momentum the entire game. I won in triple overtime 65-63. The next two games were against Auburn and Alabama. I received the ball first in both games and got the momentum on my side and had it stay there. Even when playing Auburn on their own field with the crowd staying around 120dB. I beat Auburn by one score...their only previous loss was to at the time #1 LSU. I was #17 when I went against Alabama who was #16. I got up on them first since, like I said, I received first and just blew up on them. It ended up being 52-21(Would have been 52-14 but they scored on my second string at the last minute).

I guess the key to the game, unlike what all of us have been trained to do, is to actually receive the ball first instead of opting to kickoff. I guess since I am using Arkansas I can just say that it was our new offensive coord.'s, Gus Malzahn, idea. I know when he coached in high school he always received first so he could get on the board first.