Home

I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

This is a discussion on I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #25
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

I don't see any huge problem with the momentum so far...I think sometimes the advantage/disadvantage can be psychological as it can be actual.

Like when the other team has full momentum, I really feel like I'm behind the 8 ball and I panic, which just ends up making it work.

I like it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

it seems like once u fill the meter and then u keep doin stuff to increase it it actually keeps going, so u have to do a hell of a lot to make it go down. so sometimes it looks full when it really isnt
Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #27
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

I don't particularly care for the momentum meter because of the turnovers. I played a back and forth game with Colorado where my impact running back with max composure had four fumbles in the 3rd quarter because of Colorado's comeback from 10 down. Luckily, I was able to overturn one on replay. My back had 84 yards on 18 carries at this point, so it definitely wasn't the "he's carried too much" obligatory fumble like in years past.

It's a great idea, but could use some tweaking.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Last night on my Arkansas dynasty I got behind against Vandy and ended fighting the momentum the entire game. I won in triple overtime 65-63. The next two games were against Auburn and Alabama. I received the ball first in both games and got the momentum on my side and had it stay there. Even when playing Auburn on their own field with the crowd staying around 120dB. I beat Auburn by one score...their only previous loss was to at the time #1 LSU. I was #17 when I went against Alabama who was #16. I got up on them first since, like I said, I received first and just blew up on them. It ended up being 52-21(Would have been 52-14 but they scored on my second string at the last minute).

I guess the key to the game, unlike what all of us have been trained to do, is to actually receive the ball first instead of opting to kickoff. I guess since I am using Arkansas I can just say that it was our new offensive coord.'s, Gus Malzahn, idea. I know when he coached in high school he always received first so he could get on the board first.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #29
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Last night was the first time I really noticed it. Playing on Heisman w. my own sliders...

First year of my dynasty, I'm #6 PSU at #5 OSU.

They get the ball first and I get them into a 3rd and 12 situation right off the bat. They convert the third down for a 27 yard gain and their momentum meter pops halfway up. They then cut through my D like it's nothing (I don't have a problem w. that) and go up 7-0.

I put together an okay drive that ends on a Morelli INT in OSU territory when he got hit while throwing. They now have full momentum, which they'll keep until 2 minutes into the 4th quarter.

I couldn't really do much on offense (again I don't have a problem w. this) and they were basically unstoppable. Smith was running and passing all over my D. With 5 minutes left in the game I'm losing 38-0. They put in their second stringers after Morelli's 2nd INT.

The first play Zwick tries to throw a pass to the flat and my CB picks it off and returns it for six. 38-7, I now have full momentum. Next possession, a fumble. I call a play action pass, 47 yard TD pass to Derrick Williams. Next possession, another fumble. A long TD pass to Deon Butler this time. 38-21 w. around 3 minutes left. This time Zwick throws another INT on a terribly thrown post-pattern. Another TD pass to D-Will, I miss the 2-point conversion so it's 38-26. I get the ball one last time but time ran out when I was on their 24 yard line.

Granted my comeback had something to do w. their second stringers being in, once I got the momentum I scored four touchdowns and they had four turnovers in a four minute span.

I definitely agree w. others who said that if the home team scores first and get full momentum they almost always win. So far I'm 4-1 w. PSU, all my home games have been blowouts.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #30
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by digit4lcowboy

I guess the key to the game, unlike what all of us have been trained to do, is to actually receive the ball first instead of opting to kickoff. I guess since I am using Arkansas I can just say that it was our new offensive coord.'s, Gus Malzahn, idea. I know when he coached in high school he always received first so he could get on the board first.
Very intereseting thought, I'll give that a try when I'm on the road next time.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #31
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

It is a conspiracy!

LOL, geez, the meter has no effect on my gameplan whatsoever. It is a very miniscule thing, especially compared to the "home field" advantage of the past two seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #32
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

I had my last straw w. Heisman last night because of momentum issues. I created my own sliders that were perfect, cept for playing mid-to-top level opponents on the road.

Last night I lost 58-7 at Minnesota w. Penn State. It was 58-0 after three quarters when they brought in their 2nd stringers - this was on 6 minute quarters.

They scored on the first drive of the game (no big plays) then stopped me after a 7 play drive by forcing a punt, then had another solid drive to go up 14-0. That gave them full momentum and from then on it was idotic. I was looking at replays of every play and their O-Line would get literally a 5-yard push on every single play. 76 ovr TE's would be leveling Posluzny and Connor on 80% of the plays. On top of that I thew 7 INT's and lost 2 fumbles. In 24 minutes of play. Going into that game I had 4 total INT's in 5 games. I mean what's the point of this? They finally take out the superhuman LB/DB's and now they just make EVERYONE superhuman when they get full momentum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »