Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #31
dkrause1971
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: dkrause 360 rosters based on FK rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
d,

Looked over the USF rosters and I think you've taken a gigantic step in the right direction.

A couple comments, #8 Courtney Denson, is a converted QB, now playing DB but is buried in the depth chart. Matt Grothe (also #8) is scheduled as the backup QB but will likely get playing time. It might be nit picking, but I would suggest giving Grothe #8, because we can't give it to both players.

I like your high ratings for the freshman but I think they are a little too high. I love USF but I realize that we are a building program, I don't think there should be any true freshman rated higher than established players.

By the way, did you use any sources when you were creating these players or did you just go by a "typical" freshman format. To be honest, I don't know much about the incoming freshman class.

I think I will start compiling a list of suggested changes, but I see no need to implement them until (at leat) we have an official depth chart to work off of. Even if that means waiting until after 9/2 (the first game against McNeese St.)

Are you planning on making a comprehensive "opening day" file? If so, I wouldn't feel too pressured to get it out by opening day but rather try and get every teams opening day depth chart integrated, which will probably take a lot of time.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
I realized i didn't answer some of your questions- I believe i got the USF depth chart from their site or i used rivals- maybe collegefootballnews.com. I'll double check the freshmen ratings on USF- they had a decent class. As for the depth chart it works with the ratings alot so its just easier to edit the whole team at that time.
Advertisements - Register to remove