View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #41
SkinsBoYee
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Something wrong with NBA 2k7 dics...

I had the same exact thing happen. 5 games into my associations, after halftime of a game, the audio went out, and then I got the DDE message. After that, the game would completely freeze up after the initial loading screen. I could not get to screen with Shaq on it to start the game. This happened for like 20 - 30 tries. I tried cleaning the disc. Still no luck.

I took the disc outa final time, noticed a couple of deep smudges. Looked like little blocks. I worked those out. Then, I erased all the files of NBA 2k7 on the harddrive. I erased my profile. I created a new profile. I started the game back up.

It worked like a charm. I had to put in my favorite team again. And what i do now is save my association on a memory card instead of the hard drive. I have played 7 games with no problems now.

Does this seem completely wierd. I don't think its a problem with the disk, but rather a problem with the files that are created. Granted, I have only played 7 games after this fix, but it seems ok. If it pops back up or happens again, I am going to be pissed.

Paying all this money for a system that is not stable is not a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove