Home

Something wrong with NBA 2k7 discs...

This is a discussion on Something wrong with NBA 2k7 discs... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Something wrong with NBA 2k7 dics...

I had the same exact thing happen. 5 games into my associations, after halftime of a game, the audio went out, and then I got the DDE message. After that, the game would completely freeze up after the initial loading screen. I could not get to screen with Shaq on it to start the game. This happened for like 20 - 30 tries. I tried cleaning the disc. Still no luck.

I took the disc outa final time, noticed a couple of deep smudges. Looked like little blocks. I worked those out. Then, I erased all the files of NBA 2k7 on the harddrive. I erased my profile. I created a new profile. I started the game back up.

It worked like a charm. I had to put in my favorite team again. And what i do now is save my association on a memory card instead of the hard drive. I have played 7 games with no problems now.

Does this seem completely wierd. I don't think its a problem with the disk, but rather a problem with the files that are created. Granted, I have only played 7 games after this fix, but it seems ok. If it pops back up or happens again, I am going to be pissed.

Paying all this money for a system that is not stable is not a good thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Yeah I had the same problem so I called Microsoft and the tech rep was telling me that a few games released are not configured right and that is why a few games have patches come out. She told me NBA 2K7 is working on a patch to be downloaded. She said they did the same with 2K6, Madden 06, Oblivion, but Madden 07 still hasn't released a patch yet. She said you can return the game but will still (eventually) have that problem.
Go to Xbox.co, support for more info about the (3) red light specials.
I never heard of a patch concerning this, are you sure one is coming out?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #43
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I was hoping to find a thread like this. I've had this problem from the jump and I've actually been quite cool about it. I get the ring of smudges around the disc after a DDE. I looked at the disc, put it in 1 more time and then saw new rings of scratches after another DDE. I was going to go look for a second copy today.

As for erasing your files and starting over, I tried that, did'nt work.

I removed my HD, still got a DDE.

I turned off Auto Replays as well as Commentary in the options....did'nt work.

Cleaned the disc....did'nt work

Also, I get the error message alot when I first boot up telling me to put this disc in a 360 console to work.

I love 2K, but they are really starting to grate on my damn nerves with these faulty games. Its definitely a disc problem because I can get other games and dvds to work with no problem. And yes, my 360 is flat on my table with plenty of ventalation.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 7

This stuff really makes me hesitant to buy this game. I guess ill just wait to hear more. oh well
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #45
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
LMAO..just correct the spelling of this thread..please..
I've got you covered Neo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Something wrong with NBA 2k7 discs...

I used Brasso on mine.

Works GREAT now.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #47
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

It seems like 2k has a lot of trouble cranking out sports games that don't freeze. MLB 2k6 had tons of freezing problems on the 360 and didn't College Hoops 2k6 have a bunch as well? What the heck do they do with their disks?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Count me among those having problems with disc read errors. The only games my 360 has struggled with are 2K titles (NBA2K7, Elder Scrolls and MLB.) I take good care of my system and haven't had problems with any other games.

The DDEs have ruined two of my five Association games in 2K7 and I am getting really close to giving up on 2k titles altogether. That's unfortunate because I really enjoy 2K games, but it's getting to the point where it's not worth the hassle anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »