Thread: AA PS2
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #28
capone2117
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: AA PS2

Ive turned hfa off, as well as all the other stuff...i mean everything that causes a nuisance...
With these sliders, and my "house rules", top tier teams will destroy the likes of your middle tier teams...cupcakes get rolled on, but sometimes those rivalry/storied match-ups can change things...
case in point-
Navy(3-2) at Air Force(3-0,me)
27-19 loss at home
Navy ran and threw all over me...Their qb, the broken ankle Williams kid, had a total amount of 388 yards, 90 rushing, 298 yards thru the air...
Air Force ran for over 300 yards as a team...
Air Force had home field advantage, TOP, and the better record, but "upsets" do happen...this proved to me that these sliders and house rules are legit, for me at least...
These sliders, and my house rules, will surprise you once you begin play...how many minute quarters, hfa, run-pass ratio, slow-motion camera, and instant replays are all things you can correct within your game so that the cpu offense will play to their real life counterparts...if you configure your gameplay with the updated sliders and house rules, you will see your game start to be like real life...
another example of this is the fact that I am not leading the country in any statistical category whatsoever, and I play with a 12 team dynasty!!! the closest I am to leading is having J.Goff (Vandy) and A. Bowen (Iowa State) tied for 7th in the nation in tackles...with regards to team stats, the closest I am to the top is the 12th ranked defense-total (Ole Miss)...so you see that you can have some realistic fun with these sliders...
A big key I must re-iterate is that these sliders are for middle tier teams, ie those real life teams that year after year are around .500 but dont really win championships...for instance, my 12 team dynasty is as follows:
North Carolina
NC State
Cincy
Illinois
Texas A&M
Iowa State
Vandy
Ole Miss
Air Force
UTEP
Southern Miss
Oregon

out of these teams, Oregon is probably the best program, but they aren't doing to well in my dynasty...NC State has the most team speed but M. Stone's poor play has really hurt the season...so good teams have been struggling while some teams like TAMU and the Illini are doing well...