View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
SPTO
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: TO -- Does he return to Dallas in 2007?

The following are my thoughts and impressions of the situation in as unbiased a view as possible as I personally don't like T.O. all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Does he return?
I don't know, at times TO's looked really good and at other times he gets back to his old antics of being a major pain in the arse. Also remember that he's usually best behaved during the first year or so of his stay with a team and then he turns into a monster. I think it all hinges on whether Parcells stays or goes.

Quote:
Does Parcells return if TO stays?
Personally no, Parcells has at times seemed really energized by this team. I mean I never thought i'd see Parcells kissing his players after a game...EVER. He truly seems to like Romo a lot but I think behind the scenes he doesn't really like TO all that much. You can tell this is the case as for a large portion of the season he just didn't have TO in the gameplan all that much and when he did TO would invariably drop a big pass so the trust level drops even further.

Quote:
Was the signing worth it?
Yes, as much as I hate TO the guy can put a team over the top when he's motivated. Just look at what he did in his first year in Philly. I'm sure Jones was banking on the defense being good enough to keep games close and Parcells utilizing TO to full effect in the passing game. Unfortunately for Jones this hasn't been the case for most of the year even though the Cowboys have one of the more statistically explosive offenses in the league.

Quote:
Is TO no longer a game-changing WR?
Hard to say, remember TO has been playing for most of the year with messed up fingers so he can't catch the ball like he did before. He should've disclosed the injury a lot sooner then he did. Then again, i've seen some WRs play with bad hands and still make some good catches. It seems TO can't even make the routine catch at times. I've never seen him have so many drops in a single season. I think we need another year of TO as a marquee WR and fully healthy to get the full answer.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker