Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #50
Behindshadows
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: All Pro Football to outsell Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
Owning the exclusive NFL license is a huge marketing advantage which is why EA was willing to shell out millions of dollars for it. 2K Sports won't be able to compete on a level playing field with Madden until they get the NFL license back.

I know that a lot of people here are disappointed in next gen Madden so far (myself included) but there's no chance that APF will outsell Madden and there's not even a guarantee that it will be a better game.

I totally disagree with you. If the NFL license was the main reason, madden would sale more. When madden didn't have the NFL license on N64, it still sold millions.

2ksports doesn't need the license to outsell them, they need great advertising, and an eye opener for newcomers.

Espn 2k5 wasn't great to everyone because of the NFL logos and the License.

2k5 was great because of its outstanding gameplay and presentation. Great franchise options and editing abilities. Halftime highlights and nightly wrap ups and so on. It was 2k vision of what to do with it presentation. Something that has been a long term thing with them since dreamcast, before the ESPN License. They can use their own 2ksports highlights, replays and presentation. And it will come gradually as a great thing.
The way the players reacted on the field, the sideline animations showing attitude, coaches reactions, crowd reactions, camera angles, 1st-person football (innovation). The hits on the field and the celebrations. This is what made 2k5 great.

Dan and Peter aren't NFL commentators and they are the greatest of video game commentating.

Its very possible to sell millions without his license. People want fun and excitement with video game football...

Madden has the license, but its not fun, and the excitement is non-existent...game is just plain boring and too bland.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 02-12-2007 at 06:41 PM.