MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveguy95
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ravessale.html

This part particularly caught my eye:

• Liberty pledged in writing not to cut the Braves' operating budget and player payroll below the levels of the past three seasons. That would mean a player payroll "floor" of around $80 million. Whether to increase the payroll beyond that would be up to McGuirk. At some level of increase, approval of a Liberty-controlled board apparently would be required.
Yeah, that is interesting! However, will this factor in trying to get Andruw back? Andruw is gonna be asking at least double the salary per year that he's making is his last year of the contract. He's looking at $15-$20 million/year whoever he signs with so is the Braves gonna consider giving him this amount of money? From past transactions & roster moves then I really am worried about him being gone to another team. This would really disappoint me very much. Andruw & his defense alone has saved the Braves a manyyyyyyy games so I really hope that the Braves organization takes a serious look into getting him back in a Braves uniform. Chipper has already agreed to re-structure his contract to help sign him & others needed. Let's hope this can get done! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11