View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Lanari

OVR:
Coaching Career of Johnathan Johnson (CH2K7-Xbox)

Chapter 1: Early Years

Johnathan Johnson was the best High School Basketball player in Lincoln Arkansas. He led the Lincoln Wolves to 3 State Playoffs and 2 State Championships. The Wolves won Conference Championship all four years he played. After he graduated High School, he went to College at the University of Arkansas and played for the Razorbacks off of a Scholarship he recieved for Basketball achievements. During his Junior year, he broke his arm and ended his College Career. He entered the NBA Draft and was drafted by the Golden State Warriors. He thought he could make a living off of the NBA but only got in trouble when he missed a game winning shot against the Jazz in the NBA playoffs. His Coach had a lot to say.

"Johnson, I was counting on you to win the game, but what do you do? You shoot a basket and missed it badly. Get your things packed, I've been talking to the Lakers' owner, and I'm trading you off. "

"But Coach, it wasn't my fault. Davis...."

"Don't start blaming others. Now do what I said and get out of my office!"

Johnathan was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers and played for two seasons. During those two seasons, he led the Lakers to One NBA Championship. He later retired from the NBA after 3 years and arm problems. He was 25 when he retired. When he retired, both of his old coaches had some good comments about him.

"After he blew the game for us, I thought I would ever forgive him for it. Since trading him and watching him play for the Lakers, I had other thoughts." Golden State Warriors' Coach

"The day he started having arm problems was the day I started to worry about him. He lost energy and playing skills. I asked him what is up and that was when he busted it to me." LA Lakers' Coach

After 1 year out of the NBA, he made an appearance on Cold Pizza. Stuart Scott was there and gave the interview to Johnathan. Here is the footage.

February 25th, 2005 -- Cold Pizza ESPN

Stuart Scott: Thank you for coming to Cold Pizza. I have to ask you, what have you been doing since retiring from the NBA?

Coach Johnson: Well I have always wanted to coach my own team. There isn't much to choose from right now, but by the beginning of the 2006 Season I'll be the Head Coach of one College Team.

Stuart Scott: How long has it been since you played a game of basketball?

Coach Johnson: About 1 Month, I was playing some streetball with my family.

Stuart Scott: Did you seem out of touch to yourself?

Coach Johnson: Yes I did, after being away from basketball for a whole year and try to play again is a very tough thing.

Stuart Scott: Have you considered any Colleges to coach yet?

Coach Johnson: Yes I have, and it was very tough. I am considering either ARK, FLA, UNI, TEX, TAMU, OSU. Those teams right now are looking for a head coach.

Stuart Scott: Coach that is all I have for you. I'll see you later.

After the interview Johnathan Johnson began the mission to find a Head Coaching job. He began at Fayetteville, AR for the Razorbacks!

Advertisements - Register to remove