Old 06-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
Trevytrev11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Feeling the Pressure...a Next Generation Pocket Presence Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the focus of the 2k games has always been to simulate the realistic amount of time an NFL QB would have to do things. You have to have a clock in your head... know when to step up, if you see the blitz before hand, know which way to roll out, etc. It's said QBs can "feel" the pressure but in reality it's b/c of their experience in reading different situations.

I think it's a good and well thought out idea, but I'd rather they continue working on improving the pocket and oline/dline interaction to make it more realistic. I could see people waiting until they feel the vibration and then just throwing in the flat b/c they felt it.
I don't disagree with you and thanks for the honesty.

I agree that timing is imperative (hence the 3,5 and 7 step drops), but I think this could work in conjunction with that. If you take your 3 step drop and can hit your guy, then the play is simple. But often, plays break down, receivers can't get open and you see a QB either sit in the pocket or step outside. In these situations, your pocket breaksdown and you are at the mercy of the blocks of your lineman. This would help you recognize what your QB can see by feel, while you look down field.

Kind of like I said above, in real life a QB can see a LB directly in front of him, running right at him while he looks downfield, but in a video game, with a 3rd person view, you don't get that view and your eyes are downfield while your QB is exposed.