Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
GAMEC0CK2002
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Best 2k5 Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I played the crap out of 2k5 on Xbox (sole reason I bought it) for 2 years. I played through almost 4 years of the franchise mode (big deal for me because I am a constant tweaker of rosters and things of that sort)

The element that I enjoyed from 2k5 was that during franchise mode every week of the season was a challenge. I struggled to go 8-8 and every game had a different feel to it. Sometimes teams ran the ball down my throat, other times I got scorched through the air. Either way each game I played I felt a true battle of strategy. Some teams could really stop the run and I was forced to win through the air other times I controlled the clock but couldn't quite punch it in at the end of a drive. Every game was different and unique through the season.

The way a season evolved and unto the next with franchise mode was amazing. I remember I had a safety who had 11 INT's who I lost during the offseason along with my highest rated corner. In the draft I went offense despite these loses. Well during that season my DB's were terrible and my defense suffered. I made sure the following year I bolstered my DB's and I actually made the playoffs with a 6 game turnaround.

Anyways that is what I remember the most about 2k5 playing through the franchise with players who really made a difference in the way my team succeeded or failed. I hope to get this experience again.
I'd have to say the physics based tackling system. Even though I wasn't in love with this feature I thought it was pretty cool.....1st person football.