Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #74
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: My main concern with 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
They released snippets of a fully customizable game and "loads of options". I was hoping for something similar to the OOTP series in regards to league size, length, playoffs ect... I realize on a console this wasn't really possible, but a league size between say 10-30 and anything from a 8 to 20 game season with really long playoffs.

I was hoping/under the impression that the Generic Players would also be individual players. Not necesarily studs, but atleast vary in talent player to player. Essentially we'd be picking a group of legends and then a group of has beens.

That wasn't delievered, though, IMHO, that is what I thought was coming (something similar). They delivered the information very slowly and we learned that customization was very limited we learned that the Generics are essentially clones and we are stuck with a 16 game season.

If there isn't a franchise mode I was fine with that. I was set to make a lot of teams, have a lot of single elimination tournys against a lot of different teams and really be able to focus on the actual games, as I was expecting every game/tournament/season to be a different experience.

What is the reality is that we can play the same teams a lot of times, and then go online. Thats different than the Game Informer article (which boasted about options and custom settings).

Frankly, I find what we are given to be boring. Perhaps if the gameplay is really great and the online works very well I'll get my use of it out of that. Unfortunately, the ratings for the legends are so similar I don't even see a lot of variety in online teams being likely.

Still, I can't pass final judgements till I've played it. It just doesn't look like Im going to buy it release day.
If you think it's boring, that's cool but please quote the GI article and point out where it was misleading. I've read it again recently to quote something for ODogg in another thread and realized even more how consistent they've actually been. All the expectations of these things were built from people trying to read between the lines and blow things out of proportion. They've been extremely clear with everything you mentioned since day one.

I'd especially like to see where they released snippets of a fully customizable game and where they mentioned these "loads of options"... specifically what options were promised that aren't included?