View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #75
burger13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 2K Sports Has Three Strikes with APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart
Strike 1: Releasing the game at the same time that EA releases NCAA Football 08. I realize that their main concern is Madden, but that was before EA got exclusive NFL rights and there was legitimate competition between the two. Now, I just want to play some football! It's a no-brainer between college football and a fictitious league. Give me NCAA any day of the week. If they would have released APF before NCAA, I would already own a copy.

Strike 2: No demo yet, and there is unlikely to be one before the release. Is 2K Sports even serious about this title? It seems like they are totally banking on the reputation that 2K5 had with the NFL license. They don't appear to be making any sincere effort to truly reach out to the consumer, and that irritates me a little. Why no demo?

Strike 3: No Franchise/Dynasty mode. I'm not really interested in playing a season and then either calling it quits or repeating another season. Personally, I enjoy drafts, free agency, etc. With only a single season mode, this game seems to cater to pure online play. Am I going to pay $60 for an online game? Is that a joke? What if someone doesn't have XBL?

Three strikes, you're out! At first I thought I'd buy this game, but now there's just simply no way. I'm very disappointed with how 2k Sports has handled this so called "resurrection of football." As much as I enjoyed watching Joe Montana and Walter Payton growing up, I think I'll live without this game.
sucks to be you.....

go have your NCAA and inferrior gameplay. you obviously cared enough about this game to come on it's forum and post and follow the release, demo, etc....but now will deprive yourself of it because 2K didn't handle the release the way you would have liked.
Advertisements - Register to remove