View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #39
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: All Pro E3 Impressions from Shanker @ Sportsgamer

my first question when I read this (got the link from thevhub before seeing this post) was "is this a madden site?". it makes all the difference in the world. the real problem is trying to evaluate an article intended for a particular auidence (the site the article is on) on a site that's not made for that audience (here). the article was written to tell madden fans how they may feel about APF.

so with all that said, these are my critiques (advice for the writer if he actually wants to be good at what he's doing) rather than complaints...

The entire article would've made a lot more sense if titled properly. It's not a review of APF, it's a Madden fan's review of APF... or his take on APF in comparison to Madden. He did a decent job of THIS, just not a good job of reviewing APF.

Based on reading the article, I personally couldn't have learned much b/c I barely played Madden 07. Telling me how the game compares to it does little for me. It's also always clear when a "reviewer" compares as much as he did, that instead of trying to get into the game they are trying to play it the way they'd play the game they are comparing it to. That's what got previous 2k games low scores by shoddy reviewers and this game is even MORE different than the EA football titles. He didn't explain the focus of the game, the intended draw, the gameplay enhancements, etc. I could be a conspiracy theorist and say he didn't b/c he'd then have to say "it does something that madden doesn't" more than he wanted but I honestly don't think he even noticed/paid attention b/c he was busy trying to see how it compared to madden.

Plus, in summary of his "review" of APF he talks about how you need to still purchase madden...lol. Like I said, the problem is in the title. This wasn't a review.