View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: IGN 7.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsdynasty
So, the fact that Madden 2008 will have all those features that were left out are back WITH BETTER GAMEPLAY from what ive seen in the videos.
Watch the most recent IGN Masterbit vids of Madden and you might be singing a different tune.

Quote:
You cant watch your own team play. You cant play against your own team. You cant edit the generic players. I could keep going but, I think im rambling.
You can watch your own team play. The game does allow CPU vs CPU, which I'm guessing NCAA does not judging by a long thread there. And Madden hasn't had it since it moved to next gen. Guess it won't be as big an issue if neither has it. And that's my problem, people are trying to focus more on what APF doesn't have versus giving equal weight to what it does have - and there's the obvious attempt to marginalize the things it does have or does do quite well. My problem is the games aren't judged on the same merits, and the perception these reviews give affect the bottom line. We have to "hope" people that rely on reviews will look past them to purchase enough copies to warrant another game next year, while they more or less flat out endorse Madden/NCAA. Despite the fact that APF runs rings around pretty much everyone's 1st NG offerings. It's tiring to see year in and year out. Without even looking I'm willing to bet NCAA 07 got a better or similar rating than APF did, despite APF being far superior. imo. Either way, you're entitled to your opinion.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS